Mario's Daffy Zaffy.

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
while I am on, you guys in the know, can any of you maybe suggest something else it could maybe be just incase this doesn't solve the issues.

I will in the mean time get an engine stand and start building the b207/22se 2.2 engine with 300bhp in mind, this in mind I think I will save for forged pistons and steel rods etc etc.
did the air intake get cleaned up when you fitted the enigne ? all your sensors in and working?

as for the b207 300hp dig deeeeeep in your pockets lost track on my current figure :)

Mario

ok well car has had another set back, if it doesn't come back running as it was before all this started last fri then I am breaking the car and either getting a Zlet or going back to a Jap car as I am about at the end of my teather with this car.

Mario

the brand new tensioner fell apart as they took it out of the sealed bag, and there is no saying all of this expense is going to fix it, remember, this is currently my daily and I need it working, if I could afford a daily I would and keep this as a project but if it comes down to it, I will have to break this to fund a decent daily, not that this is worth much now.

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
the main chain tensioner ?
it must not be the new style if it fell apart the z20net style one has a cir clip to stop it coming apart
you can just put the tensioner back together unless you lost a bit

Mario

Well they have fitted both new chains and the cams and now its in a perminent state of limp mode but not throwing up any codes. f**k it I have people on their way to buy parts so I am done and dthis will be my last update on this car.

Matt

Administrator
Well they have fitted both new chains and the cams and now its in a perminent state of limp mode but not throwing up any codes. f**k it I have people on their way to buy parts so I am done and dthis will be my last update on this car.
:(

5M1THY

Ah man giving up isn't an option a whole new engine is cheaper than another car

if it was @5M1THY saying giving up, my post would be ':) Front bumper and wheels how much? and awww sorry to hear bud :('

I nearly had a replacement wheel last night but got outbid by £2 at the last 2 seconds :mad:

Mario

Well, I massively regretted breaking it and have done ever since, I so wish I had put the effort in to sort it. On the plus note. I have another Zafira, its crash damaged and its a ~spits~ 1.8 16v, but it was silly cheap, as in free lmao, so what do you guys recon to me picking up where I left off with Daffy Mk1??? Daffy Mk2 I recon I will take my time and build it myself, after moving earlier this year I now have more space and since I got this free I still have my daily ;-) so where can I pick up a cheap Astra 2.2 from, or maybe a Zaffy.