Management options

Rick201i

What options do I have when I boost my z22se engine with engine management.

KevinH

Most of the guys who have boosted use Courtenay Sport Ltd (https://www.courtenaysport.co.uk). I believe you send your ECU to them for a 'base' map then once the modifications are complete you take the car to them for a full remap on a rolling road.
Someone else should be able to provide further information and approximate costs.

Rick201i

Most of the guys who have boosted use Courtenay Sport Ltd (https://www.courtenaysport.co.uk). I believe you send your ECU to them for a 'base' map then once the modifications are complete you take the car to them for a full remap on a rolling road.
Someone else should be able to provide further information and approximate costs.
Hi Kevin

I thought this was only available for super chargers. I'm going down the turbo charger route

corsaZ22se

This was discussed a month or so ago, the stock ECU can be used for superchargers not turbo's with the Courtenay map.
i forget what the outcome was regarding turbo's as the stock turbo vauxhalls use a maf and cam sensor not found on the z22se.
Stand alone?

figo126

you need to email peter v.d munckhof ,[email protected] ,also known as dutch software,, but before you email him you need to know what spec of engine you are going to be using , eg turbo ,standard z22se engine , and any mods you have planned for your build so he can build you a base map,,

Rick201i

you need to email peter v.d munckhof ,[email protected] ,also known as dutch software,, but before you email him you need to know what spec of engine you are going to be using , eg turbo ,standard z22se engine , and any mods you have planned for your build so he can build you a base map,,
I will look into this .expensive though at over £800 .

Rick201i

I believe some one on here ran z20net management on there z22se conversion. Has the owner of the car been online since the build.

figo126

only seen one done and he used standalone ecu ,, not saying youre wrong ,but ive not seen it ,,, when doing mine the t8 management was to complicated ,, and you needed all the ecu,s from the donor car for it to work,,

Rick201i

only seen one done and he used standalone ecu ,, not saying youre wrong ,but ive not seen it ,,, when doing mine the t8 management was to complicated ,, and you needed all the ecu,s from the donor car for it to work,,
Hi

A chap on here did it with a vectra carnt remember the name. So z20net management is t8 is it ?

figo126

he,s on z20net on facebook,, he had a Vectra 2.2 and a z20net for parts ,swapped all bits over like turbo,inlet manifold , all ecu,s etc,etc, its still running,

corsaZ22se

Not going to be very simple to do on the Astra.
Dave had to swap all the controllers from the z20net to his z22se vectra c.
for you it would be easier and cheaper to go stand alone or get the Astra ECU remapped for turbo as figo said above.