M32 Gearbox Oil

Matt

Administrator
Anyone know what is the best oil to use in this box? Want to get mine changed, and have seen a couple of different ones being used.
75-90 fully synth?

Daz

Former Staff
the oil man said on aon

They usually take a good synthetic 75w-80 or 75w-85 meeting API GL4.

vocky

Staff
be careful which oil you use, some stuff is far too thin :confused:

I used 93165290 Oil Transmission at 4.53+vat per litre, you need 3 x litre bottles, but only install 2.5 litres (y)

vocky

Staff
I originally bought the £15 a litre vauxhall oil which the EPC recommends, but it made the gearbox whine (n)

so went back and bought the cheaper 93165290 vauxhall oil which is much better :D

you probably wouldn't realise the expensive stuff is s**te in an astra/corsa/vectra, but as the gearbox is just behind my ear in the vx220 its very obvious the oil was too thin :confused:

Matt

Administrator
Nice one, will go buy 3 litre of that then for then Neil does my service at the end of the month.

Matt

Administrator
Daz said:
the oil man said on aon

They usually take a good synthetic 75w-80 or 75w-85 meeting API GL4.
Been looking on VXROnline again, and one of the members on there is a BTCC mechanic, and he recommends this:

Millers Oils CRX 75w90 NT Competition full synthetic transmission oil
http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-60230-m...petition-full-synthetic-transmission-oil.aspx

Millers Oils TRX Synth 75w-90 full synthetic gear oil
http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-60227-millers-oils-trx-synth-75w-90-full-synthetic-gear-oil.aspx

It meets the API GL4 spec, so this should be OK? Seen other people mention using it in the GSI F23 box.

Matt

Administrator
vocky said:
I originally bought the £15 a litre vauxhall oil which the EPC recommends, but it made the gearbox whine (n)

so went back and bought the cheaper 93165290 vauxhall oil which is much better :D

you probably wouldn't realise the expensive stuff is s**te in an astra/corsa/vectra, but as the gearbox is just behind my ear in the vx220 its very obvious the oil was too thin :confused:

Bet it wasn't this bad!