LPG conversions?

si.c1978

Hello m8 hows you!
Yeah I know lol!
Its just with a tank in the spare wheel all the weight would be hanging off the back axle, and I didn't want to effect the balance of the car.
Me n klee will have to pop up and visit now me worlds a bit larger lol.
Plus that bugger will hold 80l (64l to full)

wu11ie

obviously i have to take on board your concerns, but i have google imaged a number of conversions and what i have is nothing unusual, after all i have paid for the equipment and fitting which is what i have.
what you have to bear in mind is he is one of the few uklpg registered fitters in my area, his work is guarunteed for 24k or 2 years with free servicing. also it was NEVER meant to be there so where does he put it?
there isnt quite as much plastic to hide it under in my car also you will notice as well as all the runners going over the back it doewsnt have gtinorous plenums on each side of the engine.
your just a very lucky boy who had someone else spend a fortune on a car you bought. if you were an lpg fitter i would be a little more forgiveing.
i would reserve comments for when you have paid for it yourself and you actually know something about the engine you are looking at.:)

Somebody feed you porridge this morning flower?, your post last night was sufficient for you point but if you wish to continue....

Pish,

The fact it was never meant to be there isnt a problem, mine was never meant to be there either but you can't see it,

If I turned up to buy the vectra and the LPG kit was fitted like that I would have walked away, you don't need to be an LPG fitter to see that it's a mess, he's screwed the bar onto the inlet FFS, you seriously think that's okay??? I have google imaged a number of conversions too and just as many conversions are hidden, the way they should be, common sense man!

It's not about being An LPG fitter or knowing what engine I'm looking at, it's an FTO not a Ferrari,You can fit the kits at home if you like, if you fitted it at home your telling me you would have screwed the bar onto the inlet? I very much doubt it,

To conclude, as per my previous post, if your happy with it that's good, I won't comment further on it,

Sent Using The Force

robo22sri

Hello m8 hows you!
Yeah I know lol!
Its just with a tank in the spare wheel all the weight would be hanging off the back axle, and I didn't want to effect the balance of the car.
Me n klee will have to pop up and visit now me worlds a bit larger lol.
Plus that bugger will hold 80l (64l to full)

Not bad mate, been better as my broken jaw is not helping lol

Me and sarah are talking about popping down to see you and klee :)
Need a break after the crap start to the year :LOL:

si.c1978

Ooosh!! Awesome.
IMG_20130604_190633.jpg

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
its a shame that lpg became so popular in cars its what drove the price up
the cost of lpg is that high now we dont get our tank filled so i have to sit in the cold at winter
18 pence per litre it used to be

rushy

the cost of lpg is that high now we dont get our tank filled so i have to sit in the cold at winter
Just like diesel, I remember when it was cheaper than petrol, mine you, how else could you convince someone to buy a D reg maroon ford orien.

si.c1978

That's dark! Especially as its a biproduct of oil production anyway. They used to just burn the stuff.

si.c1978

The first proper full tank (and only 2nd refuel) and I've got just over 310 miles on 58l.
This is around 24 MPG which at local prices compared to 97 or 99 ron works out at 48mpg (pound for pound) :)

There are a few things to bear in mind.
1. The first few tanks aren't the most economical as you push air out of the cylinder and into the liquid gas.
2. I don't get up early enough for work to be economical.
3. I'm still running it in so I'm behaving at the mo so no fully open driving yet. Very difficult in such a revvy engine and gearbox setup with our hills.
4. No flaming inferno's......
5. Yet,........

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
there won't be any air in the tank it would've been evacuated before the 1st fill :) as the liquid goes in the tank vent is opened
flammable substances + oxygen = big badda boom :)