Lowering springs?

Mark Dj

Former Staff
My Vectra C Sri 2.0 Turbo is now starting to make some new strange noises, more when I go over speed humps and it's coming from the left hand side front. I am also getting a slight squeaking noise from the same side when I am turning the wheel left only. So I am now thinking about getting some kind of lowering kit as I am thinking one of my shocks may be broke? Can anyone reccommend a decent lowering kit for my car. Whats the best height to have it lowered to? Thanks

Matt

Administrator
Eibach Pro -30mm springs and Bilstein B4 shocks Mark. That is what I had on my Vectra.
For customers who would like an enhancement to our clubman kit we can offer the Clubman PLUS kit. These Clubman PLUS suspension kits use Bilstein Black Gas dampers (or Kayaba can be specified on Astra G) or our own sourced dampers and Eibach or DAP Road springs. Depending on the chassis this will lower bewteen 10 and 35mm (some Vauxhall sports chassis are already lower from the factory e.g. Astra G SRi). Available for all popular Vauxhall applications. Please ask if your car is not listed. We specify the spring kits specifically to suit each individual application to offer a good upgrade from the OE suspension.

Vectra C 1.6-2.2 inc Diesel Hatch/Saloon 02 on 10-30mm £404.95

Courtenay Sport supplied and fitted mine for me
afarm4.static.flickr.com_3467_3359403960_7ee20a6886_b.jpg

Mark Dj

Former Staff
That looks about standard to me Matt, did you ask for it to look standard when they fitted it? I don't want mine too low either as I don't have a dropped kerb on my driveway. Thats not a bad price. What did it feel like over standard? Just noticed the front does look a little lower than standard :). Cheers

Matt

Administrator
It felt great, was a real difference over standard when really giving it some. But normal driving, you couldn't tell the difference.

Front did look a little lower than standard, but that was because it was on springs for the petrol model, as the kerb weight was about 20kg difference between the two sets, so it went on the lower rated set.

That picture was the day after, and the below was a few months after:
afarm4.static.flickr.com_3457_3401748696_ec996716f6_b.jpg

Mark Dj

Former Staff
So how much am I looking at all in with fitting? I might get it all done when we go to the rolling road day?

Matt

Administrator
All in I paid just over £500 including fitting. I've got the invoice still at work, so I can let you know exactly how much I paid tonight??

Matt

Administrator
Just got the invoice Mark:

Eibach Pro Kit
Bilstein B4 Front Dampers
Bilstein B4 Rear Dampers
Labour

£524.95 in VAT @ 15%