lost my job n looking for an ew 1

Dave Gilbert

Just lost my bouncy castle manufacturing and hiring job after nearly 10 years.

but on the plus side im gonna start training to become a class 1(to the oldies) or hgv1 driver in the next month.

got my theory and hazzard tests booked for the 29th oct then crack on as soon as possible on the practicle tests.

Dave Gilbert

Oh carl :(

Cheers pete mate.

Just spoke to tax credits n there gonna pay me as if im working for the next month so still got money coming in. Hope everything goes well from now

Dave Gilbert

Been working for nearly 10 year n last experiance with job centre was over a decade ago lol

but been in today to sort benifits out n was so easy.

council have been great, job centre was quick easy n painless n i will still get working tax credits for the next 4 weeks as run on or something.

so i will be about £60 worse off but not pay for rent n coucil tax so i will save about £75 so i will be in the exact situation as i was when working. I can see why people screw the systwm n live on benifits. (Im not going to but i can see why)

Hgv1 here i come :)

HarleyPete

Biggest problem is when you return to work. The minute you tell them when you start work they cut your benefits and you struggle for a month before you get paid and they want everything paid in full straightaway.

Dave Gilbert

Spoke to my dad today n im going on a ride along with him tomorrow

from chesterfield to immingham n have a look round his yard to get a feel for things( hopefully have a go in a truck) n then al drive him home

i think thats more why he wants me to go (so he dunt have to drive home lol)

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
trying to add a funny side to the situation ...

have you considered male prostitution cause you sure do have a pretty mouth.. hehe

chin up dave :)

Dave Gilbert

Its all good lorry driving has been on the cards a while n being laid off has given me the time n push to get on with it.

Car might suffer for a few weeks/months but thats no different as i never had any money anyway.

once im working as a trucker the car will be amazing (hopefully)

still want them bearings carl. If u still have them

dewismotorsport

You will never be without work once you have your class 1, I did mine years ago through work, having C+E is what all employers look for and if you can get your hazmat and ADR then your laughing. Tankers is better money again. Hope it all goes well for you (y)

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
What you done to your neck Carl
the castings i dress at work have gone from 28kg to 40kg and with me doing 50 a day its taken its toll over the last 3 months
my neck and back cant deal with that with the bit of broken bone floating around in my back