Looking to buy an Astra J or Insignia?

Mark Dj

Former Staff
Hi, I am looking to buy either an Astra Ecoflex 1.7 Diesel or an Insignia 160Bhp Ecoflex 2.0 Diesel car. What one should I go for between them both? I am after a cheaper car to get to work, as I am paying £80 a week in my 2.0 Turbo Astra Sri at the moment. I have £6000 to play with maybe a little more. I was looking into getting a Golf Bluemotion Diesel, but they cost a little more than I wanted. Thanks for any info :)

Astra Ecoflex 1.7 - Fuel Combined 62.9mpg. Fuel Extra Urban 72.4mpg. Fuel Urban 51.4mpg (Road Tax 30 per year)
Insignia Ecoflex - Fuel Combined 57.6mpg. Fuel Extra Urban 70.6mpg. Fuel Urban 44.8mpg (Road Tax 170 per year)

Matt

Administrator
If all you want is economy, and you were happy with the size of the MK5 Astra, get the MK6 Astra.

Mark Dj

Former Staff
I know nothing about either car, are they both reliable? I can live with the size of the Astra but some of those Insignias have better specs lol. I don't want a box standard model, probably looking at Sri

Matt

Administrator
Personally I'd have the insignia, but it would be down to my personal choice of wanting something bigger.

Best thing to do would be take them both out for a test drive, and see which feels better.

Mark Dj

Former Staff
I think I need to sign in and back out again, I am just getting blank pages. How do I log out as I can't see the log in part? Matt I also have a plan B with this new car I am getting. I could buy a newer sporty car, something like a VXR lol, then sell my Mk5 Astra Turbo and buy a cheap Diesel with the money from that. Or just stick to the plan and buy myself a half decent Diesel car.

Mark Dj

Former Staff
I am starting to like the Sri Astra J model, they come with some nice stuff and look great. Got my eye on a couple