Limp Home Mode maybe?

Hi all, brand new on here but I am told that this is the place to get the right info, so here goes...

My 2.2i Direct Signum is late 2006 and has 137k on the clock, after noticing that the clutch was startin to slip I put it into my local garage to have it done, of course, I got the obligarory phone call a day later... you know the one... the one that says i'll be needing to spend a further £500 on top of the original estimate of £700 because the DM Flywheel is also shot. Shortly before having the clutch done it went in for it's MOT, needed a lambda sensor (Bank 1 Pos 1) so this was done, got the MOT and it went back in for the clutch. Picked the car up at garage closing time yesterday (Friday) and took it for a spin to try it out. Now my Signum was always a lovely car to drive but not any more, it now sounds like the gearbox noise (that was supposed to be the worn clutch noise) has gotten louder instead of dissapearing, it actually feels like it has developed a kind of low pitched vibration on the exhaust but worst of all, I now have the car with spanner light on, I had thought that this was a service due light that had just come on when they refreshed the op com codes after removing the engine management light (which was on due to the lambda sensor apparently) and the car will not go above 3500 revs. Anyone have any insight into ehat the damn garage could have done so wrong here? I can't speak to them until Monday of course but I am pretty sure that they will be going down the line of "well we never touched the engine" Anyone have any advice? to be really honest, I am completely clueless. Cheers Rob

figo126

don't think you any choice , just take it back,, if they have had gearbox out ,sounds like a engine / gearbox mount that's gone or theres a plate in between engine and gearbox that could be touching flywheel slightly, ive had the plate in between engine/ gearbox bent slightly touching the flywheel before,,,

don't think you any choice , just take it back,, if they have had gearbox out ,sounds like a engine / gearbox mount that's gone or theres a plate in between engine and gearbox that could be touching flywheel slightly, ive had the plate in between engine/ gearbox bent slightly touching the flywheel before,,,

Thank you so much for that, might be some light at the end of the tunnel :eek:)