lightened flywheel?

zafman

been looking at lightened flywheels for a while and have seen them
from a couple of suppliers anyone got one fitted or any feedback
cheers

Baz

ive got one mate but its not fitted yet still waiting on my new clutch but ive heard alot of good things about them i know thats not much to go by :D

JohnnyN

Former Staff
Hello mate. I've been thinking about getting one too. I phoned Courtenays last week about it. If I can get it there for 8:30am, I can drive it home the same day.

I think kidd sri has a lightened flywheel??

notsure.gif

I'm interested in a lightened flywheel as well because my clutch is getting ready for replacement.

As for an uprated clutch, I'm sure I read somewhere that the standard one is suitable for engine outputs up to 250hp.

JohnnyN

Former Staff
zafman said:
no just read that price in t.v. dont know if i should get an
uprated clutch or not,££ difference?

The uprated clutch is is another £195 if you're having the flywheel done at the same time.

:wink:

zafman

sounds like the standard clutch will be fine.you will have to
post a full report on the f.w. next week Johnny,i`ll wait to see
what you think

vocky

Staff
the only thing which worries me about the lightened flywheel is in the usa they got 'knock' sensor problems with lumpy cams what..

I'm hoping it's not an issue with the piper cams notsure.gif

xinitialz

would this really make such a big difference? i can get a lightened flywheel for 300 euro

arent there any contra's? or is it all pro's?

JohnnyN

Former Staff
There's no advantage in the BHP department but they do give far more response under acceleration and i'd expect to see a significant change in the torque curve on a dyno graph.

ATOM X

I think the lightened flywheel will be well suited to ZAFMANS current level of tune

Torque will improve and as the engine will spin up quicker this will affect the bhp positively

Throttle response will feel rather dramatic in your case