Leaky exhaust joint

old cruiser

Went down a dip in road today and got a bang under the car at the back somewhere as if something bottomed out, however had a look under the car tonight whilst out getting petrol and all looks ok , only thing I did notice was a run of water coming from the joint where the rear exhaust box/silencer is, I'm guessing this could indicate a leak? anyone else had this and is it just a case of tightening the clamp or removing box and resealing, just a bit worried that the clamp bolt will shear as it does look a tad rusty.

Cheers Pete

Daniel

it may be a leck but its not had to get a new clamp and put it on hardist bit is getting old 1 off lol but i would also reseal at same time m8 :) think the clamps are like £1 .50 in halfords (y)

old cruiser

Cheers mate, I think you're right the hardest bit will be getting the clamp off as it's spot welded on I think, what I might do is try and loosen it off pull the back box back a tad , smear sealer around the pipe and push the silencer back on ,so as to create a bead of sealer around the joint as it were,then tighten the clamp, knowing my luck though the clamp bolt will snap!!
Cheers Pete

Daniel

yeah that sounds good just cover it in wd40 or something lol or even but i anothe clamp next to it just to be sure lol