Lambda sensor question ???

Daz86

Hi is my 22se lambda sensor interchangable from position 1 to 2 and vice verse. as my pos2 is fooked and I can find plenty used GM ones but only pos1

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
you dont need the rear lambda its for monitoring only the front one is most important as it controls fueling to the engine
there not a direct swap you would have to cut the wires to make it fit the rear location 600mm cable length i think
edit oh and there different plugs

Daz86

I fort both sensors work together for the fuelling .
Is it only the wire length that is different and I can use pos1 for pos2 in that case as my car smells way to rich and pos 2 sensor has a completely snapped wires an can't be fixed

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
the 2nd sensor is for monitoring only
it only confirms the cat is doing its job it can be unplugged and the car would run fine but with the lamp on the dash

the front sensor is what controls the fuel i spent 4days trying to sort it all out lol if its rich then it may be your front sensor up the s**tz
get op com on it and see what the front sensor is reading they only work 1v-0v and normally when up to temp give a reading of 850-950mv at idle

heres a dead front lambda (bank1 sensor 1)
lambda fail2.JPG

and heres a brand new one fitted in its place
new lambda.JPG

Daz86

Here's a vid of it Carl I think it's fooked .
Don't no y there's a reading for pos2 as the wires are completely snapped

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
looks like it from the readings

you can get universal sensors but im not sure on their life expectancy you can cut and shut the universal sensor to the stock plugs
the factory fitted ones are NTK (ngk)
heres a wiring guide for the different color wires on the different types
o2_wire_chart.jpg

Daz86

Thanks mate iv bean looking on eBay you can get a universal one with a 2 year warranty for £17 .so might just buy that

Daz86

Carl what should the opcom reading be like should it go up and down or stay steady as I have just fitted another sensor and it's verry simler .not a new one btw

Daz86

Thanks mate don't suppose you no what size the thread is as it all came off my original sensor so needs re tapping now :( I've got a tap and dye but like normal I probs not got the size I need

Daz86

Just took of my down pipe to re tap the lambda and came acrros this :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    434 KB · Views: 274
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    360.8 KB · Views: 274
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    339.2 KB · Views: 277

Daz86

I now no it's this I fort it was only magnaflow from the cat back not full system :)(y)(y)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 239