Lambda sensor question ???

Rombi

Hi guys, I wonder is there any chance to turn off the second Lambda sensor in my z22se using op-com?
I'm asking because I'd like to decat my exhaust definetly and don't get check engine light

Or should I take a chance and use original Tech2

Rombi

Thanks for reply.

Are u SURE, it will prevent me from yellow control light ?
I was looking for this way of sorting tis out, but found that it sometimes doesn't work.
Software cut should be perfect solution. All I'm asking, what tool will I need for this

Daz86

Yes I'm sure you can even get a blank plate for the lambda and just tuck the sensor up in the engine bay and the ecu will think all is good and not put the light on . That is with it still connected .

You will need a 22mm lambda socket or a 22mm spanner those things don't normally come out easy and are tight

Johnss

I wonder, what difference does it make, if you fit this elbow? I mean the theory?
p.s. My lambdas works fine atm.

Daz86

All it does is move the sensor out the way of the exhaust gas and restricts the amount to the sensor

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
I wonder, what difference does it make, if you fit this elbow? I mean the theory?
p.s. My lambdas works fine atm.
if you remove the main cat like I did Then with out the elbow both sensors get the same reading putting the lamp on

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
Yes I'm sure you can even get a blank plate for the lambda and just tuck the sensor up in the engine bay and the ecu will think all is good and not put the light on . That is with it still connected .

You will need a 22mm lambda socket or a 22mm spanner those things don't normally come out easy and are tight
needs to be plugged I or you will het heat error and then eml for no sensor elbow is the best option I've never used a cheater so cant sa
and with out it in the gas flow there would be eml

Dave Gilbert

My second lambda is deleted out the ecu on my z22se vectra c and disconnected from the loom (still in the exhaust as i havnt got a blank yet)

Buttttttt. My z22se is running on trionic 8 engine management system so not sure if u could delete. But the angle joby does the job:)