Ipod interface query

Cmsammy

The CDC3 CD changer in my glovebox has died, has anyone found an iPod interface that will work with the CDR600 head unit using the now vacant CD changer input ?

Johnss

Hey mate.
I was working on prototype of cdc3 emulator for cdr600 / ccrt700.
However, as i don't have a working cdc3 unit, I can't clone the communication of it. So the project is stuck at the moment :( Its seems to be impossible to find cdc3. Keep in mind, that ncdr ccd3 version doesn't work with cdr600. Yet I could make one for ncdr type head units, however its time consuming and for that i wound need to have working ncdr and cdc3.

My original idea included cdc3 emulator, with various types of dynamic multimedia connection, such as bluetooth with a2dp, meaning control your smart phone media player directly from steering wheel controls. Hacked display as well to print custom messages :)

How exactly your cdc3 died?

Cmsammy

It was fine until I ejected the magazine and it wouldn't take it back in, just bounces it back out. I took the lid off and found the tiny eject component was stuck in the eject position. I manually reset it and the unit now accepts the magazine but won't play it and won't eject it. At this point I started looking for something that I could plug into the CD changer socket.