Internals of the standard Airbox -> TB Intake Pipe

Berto

Thought I'd took some pics while I was cleaning it.

a7.t.imgbox.com_sNQ36snK.jpg . . a8.t.imgbox.com_IFjEKBzE.jpg . . a2.t.imgbox.com_bbpzjc2P.jpg

We're looking "from the airbox", engine would be at left, car front would be at right, TB would be down below the far end. The cylindrical thing protruding from the left is the IAT sensor grommet:

ai.imgbox.com_5FGJZff0.jpg

ai.imgbox.com_6AhcOHVx.jpg

With that bulkhead dividing it lenghtwise, it vaguely resembles an intake port for a 4-valve chamber.

But as this pipe feeds air to just one "valve" - the 58mm TB valve - that bulkhead is a restriction
asmileys.on_my_web.com_repository_Sad_sad_019.gif
. (Guess it's there for rigidity, to prevent this flattened pipe from collapsing under heavy suction).

What JohnnyN did here, for instance, looks miles better.
asmileys.on_my_web.com_repository_Respect_respect_048.gif

Last edited:

Berto

I wonder if the Vectra C pipe would get enough clearance under the Astra Coupe bonnet. Also the Coupe's airbox outlet is more oval than rounded, which may pose a coupling problem.
asmileys.on_my_web.com_repository_Thinking_thinking_020.gif

ai3-photobucket-com_albums_y62_johnnyn1973_pa150043-jpg.16106

^ @ JohnnyN

Has any fellow forumer successfully fitted this Vectra C pipe to his / her Coupe?

corsaZ22se

picked one up from breakers for £2 so worth a shot. lost it before i built the second corsa z22se but found it now so when i get time.....

figo126

ive got one fitted but left the cam cover breather out (oil catch can ) , to a k&n filter , to get it one the genuine airbox was bit tight , so put straight to air filter, would have gone on, if I had patience ,,,,,

Attachments

• DSCF1089.JPG
    DSCF1089.JPG
    395.8 KB · Views: 271