IAT sensor fault

mikeymac186

right guys, after gettin a new engine installed, im getting the ecu fault light coming on, so i got it read at my mates garage, turns out it was the intake air temp sensor reporting a signal too large.

so i was wondering, how easy it is to replace this, the part number and if ne1 has any pics of what im lookin for?

also, is this about the point when i should invest in a haynes manual?

cheers guys cheers..

JohnnyN

Former Staff
Its the sensor thats in the intake pipe that comes from the airbox to the throttle body. The sensor is just outside the airbox. Piece of p**s to change. Unclip the wire, remove sensor from rubber grommet and replace. Clip wire back on. Make sure that the release clip is facing the airbox.

mikeymac186

good stuff, ill be able to do that, hopefully

thanks johnny, much appreciated, does ne1 hav a part numba, and ill get this done and dusted

JohnnyN

Former Staff
Here's a pic of an Astra Coupe. The inlet pipe is from a Vectra C but the sensor is in the same place.

Attachments

• z22se Day 023.jpg
    z22se Day 023.jpg
    300.5 KB · Views: 1,039

mikeymac186

right so its a simple unclip, swap, clip job and be sure to check the wiring, sounds easy enuf. apart from the vx dealer, does ne1 have newhere i can get one, and a rough price?

MikeS

Former Staff
dealer will charge around £25

for the sake of it might as well buy new one

just unclip sensor wiring and twist and pull the sensor out

take the air intake pipe off the enigne before u pull sensor out otherwise u gonna end up breaking the plastic clips that keep the air box in place lol

JohnnyN

Former Staff
Sensor is a main dealer part only or a breaker might have one if you're very lucky but the chances will be slim. Buying new will rule out a possible faulty 2nd hand sensor. But as Vocky said, look at the wiring first.

mikeymac186

just ordered one from the stealership, and theyr earining theyr name i tell u,

41 pound for the IAT sensor :wtf: , no fitting notsure.gif

mikeymac186

yea, they seemed fine, no splits, still connected at both ends, as far as i can see, didnt delve very deep mind u.

they had to order the part from good old germany, so should hav it wednesday :)