How to remove center console Buttons

devil

Hello!can anywone tell me how to change center console button light without broke the switch,how can i get the switch light any pictures are very welcome,sry my english is very bad,Car is Vectra B Z22SE 2000a.

vocky

Staff
you need to remove the plastic trim (silver / wood / black) and then unscrew the switch housing, the bulbs are very awkward to change

devil

vocky said:
you need to remove the plastic trim (silver / wood / black) and then unscrew the switch housing, the bulbs are very awkward to change
i removed already the plastic trim and change the climante lights but one button in AC light is blind and i want do change this light do but the button wont come off ....how can i remove single button in center..
aimg230.imageshack.us_img230_1576_13564174.jpg

this just a picture from net what i am thinking about....why vocky you think this is hard do change,please explain do me,are the button light drawn into electric chip....sry my english is very bad,but ill still hope you understand!!

devil

one question more are the Main Light Switch fog light buttons also soldering in chip,because they are blind to... notsure.gif

ramondo

devil said:
Hello!can anywone tell me how to change center console button light without broke the switch,how can i get the switch light any pictures are very welcome,sry my english is very bad,Car is Vectra B Z22SE 2000a.

Hi devil.
Are you talking about the switches that you press on and off with the lights in them? If you are then you need to buy a new switch unit complete. They are about 25 pounds in the UK. You cannot buy the bulbs from your Opel dealer because they are soldered into the switch.

To remove the switch from the console you need to use two screwdrivers, one each side, to lever it out. It comes out just like a plug from a socket. It is best to put some tape under the screwdrivers so you don't damage the other switches you are levering against.

There is another option. You can buy small bulbs from electronic shops but you need to solder them in and it is a difficult job to do. Hope you can understand all this. If you need any more advice then just post it on here again.

devil

ramondo said:
devil said:

Hi devil.
Are you talking about the switches that you press on and off with the lights in them? If you are then you need to buy a new switch unit complete. They are about 25 pounds in the UK. You cannot buy the bulbs from your Opel dealer because they are soldered into the switch.

To remove the switch from the console you need to use two screwdrivers, one each side, to lever it out. It comes out just like a plug from a socket. It is best to put some tape under the screwdrivers so you don't damage the other switches you are levering against.

There is another option. You can buy small bulbs from electronic shops but you need to solder them in and it is a difficult job to do. Hope you can understand all this. If you need any more advice then just post it on here again.
thanks for advice,but are you sure that the background light in button swich are solder in plate to,and antoher question about main light swich,are there all light soldered in plate to fog light buttons....rear and .....fog buttons backgorund lights