How 2 fit cam chains

vocky

Staff
Re: It's Time

all good Mark :)

the crank bolt should be 100 nm, then 40 degrees, then 30 degrees

I barely manage the 40 degrees after doing the 100 Nm, so thats all it gets !

Mark Dj

Former Staff

Great, I will get that finished off tonight then. The two new gaskets are fitted and the covers are back on. The flywheel is in place with the new crank bolt ready to be torqued off. It's not far off now :). Thanks for the help you lot :)

Mark Dj

Former Staff

Nearly lol. I have just torqued off the crank bolt at 100NM and turned it as much as I could after that. Neil Whats next mate? Can I check the engine any way, before I start it up to make sure all is well? Ie like turning the crank to make sure it's turning ok? Cheers mate

Mark Dj

Former Staff

Right I have just had the car out of gear and turned the crank wheel all the way round about 3 times and it sounds fine. Is that the right way to check it?

Mark Dj

Former Staff

I have no oil in it at the moment lol. I have changed the manky filter that was in it. Cheers for the help Neil :). I owe you a pint lol

Mark Dj

Former Staff

Cool. I have put nearly a tub in and nothing on the stick yet lol. It might have something to do with the engine being on an angle.

vocky

Staff

you just use a 3/8" ratchet and stick it into the square hole in the tensioner, then apply pressure to lift the tensioner, the belt should fall on easily :)

Mark Dj

Former Staff

Daz said:
U didnt say if you activated the main chain tensioner mark?

How do I do that Daz? Cheers Neil I will sort that out as soon as I get 5 mins free :)

Mark Dj

Former Staff

Anyone know the torque settings for the engine mount next to the chain area, under the air box? Cheers

DazJ

Hi,

I've read this info - good stuff, seems pretty straight forward. I do have one question though which I don't seem to be able to answer from this instruction or the photo's but i'm sure is a dead easy one for anyone who has done this.

When you fit the new inlet and exhaust sprockets to the cam interfaces, are they keyed in anyway (fixed position)

Regards,

DazJ.