HID kit for a vectra c

rushy

I've had a HID kit fitted for the last 4 years I think, its got to be the best mod/upgrade for the car as the stock bulb/projector combo is shocking IMO. Pretty much all HID kits are cheap Chinese tat, even form known sellers like Hids direct to all of ebay. All you need to know is even if they say no errors or cam bus compatible you'll need cancellers to make them work properly without errors. If I were you I'd get a set from HIDS Direct's ebay store, if they dont work complain untill they send out cancellers, if that fails feedback ;). I will add if you have opcom then you dont need the cancellers as you can turn the HID/Zenon setting on with that.

Fitting is easy, where the male prong of your old bulb fits, you just replace it with a male spade connection. If you have light washers fitted they have to work with hids or you will fail your MOT, if you dont have any then your fine, they only fail if they are fitted and dont work.

In the link are the cancellers I mentioned, if you need them you need a pair.

http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/hid-decoders-obc-fix/

Dave Gilbert

so if i buy a cheap set and find some cancellors if they dont work properly they look simple enough to fit.

cos i can get a set for 22.50 from dealextreme and a set of cancellors for 14 so still cheaper than ebay etc

Dave Gilbert

oh right i dint know about them either thanks, im just talking to evocarlos about them aswell hes had 2 different kits fitted to his he had problems with the first set but then put higher watts in and had no problem for years.

rushy

I have 35w 5000k and they look like perfect factory Zenons. I did have 6000k but didnt like them. Remember we have projector lenses as standard so the light is focused better than normal reflector lenses that Astra's and vec B's have, that is of course if they dont have projector's fitted.

Dave Gilbert

I have 35w 5000k and they look like perfect factory Zenons. I did have 6000k but didnt like them. Remember we have projector lenses as standard so the light is focused better than normal reflector lenses that Astra's and vec B's have, that is of course if they dont have projector's fitted.
HAVE YOU GOT A PICTURE OF YOURS WITH THE LIGHTS ON??

rushy

Yea looks fine to me. The Vec C can be problematic with bulbs, you cant put leds in your sidelights or you get strobeing. You also get both dash warnings and it gets very tiring clicking through all the warnings all the time. The cancelors should sort that our for you though.

Dave Gilbert

Yea looks fine to me. The Vec C can be problematic with bulbs, you cant put leds in your sidelights or you get strobeing. You also get both dash warnings and it gets very tiring clicking through all the warnings all the time. The cancelors should sort that our for you though.

yeh i had that even with the canbus error free side light bulbs so i got rid