Hi, from Merseyside

jazz

Hi chaps, newbie from Whiston, just acquired a 2004 vectra sri 2.2 z22se , so I have just got myself opcom installed on my lappy ,connected up all works fine got a few fault codes , now the thing is anybody in my area who could show me the ropes as to working it am a bit reluctant to start going through different procedures in case I press the wrong buttons (bit of a numpty when it comes to computers) and at 62 a bit long in the tooth to start.....any help would be most appreciated .......cheers
john

jazz

Hi Figo, and hello Kevin, Kevin just been out and read the faults, also some live data, what it was is I didn't like to start going through the different stages of opcom in case I pressed something I should not have, but I had go today.....
Right fault codes are these

Part Number:12571664
Software version number: 00BFF56B
Programming Date: FFFFFFFF
Hardware key number: ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ
System description: MOTOR0100
Type approval number: G02002
Alpha code: CP
Hardware manufacturer system name: MOTOROLA
Software version: 41106
ECU variant coding: 0x00007B00

Total number of fault codes: 3

P0404 - Exhaust Gas Recirculation Circuit Range/Performance
(00) - Not present

P0420 - Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1)
(00) - Present

U2139 - CAN-Bus No Communication with CIM (Steering Column Module)
(00) - Present

also bank 1 sensor 1 fluctuating between 98-840 ish
bank 1 sensor 2 fluctuating between 176-840 ish nearest i could judge on both
and both air fuel ratio,s are fluctuating between rich and lean....I know this as my mpg has gone right out the window and the exhaust gases tell me this...
the egr clean, replace, blank off ?
I can,t see the cat being knackered so maybe sensor, up stream or down stream again ?
the cim I dont want to start messing with this as its connected to the ignition , I know it wont work the information display and the cruise control, maybe a second hand one but not paired, I don,t know so any help would be welcomed....
car is a 2004 sri vectra 2.2 auto and runs great except for the fuel intake ,all my other cars in the last 10 years have been phase 1 volvo,s now all these electrics are baffling me....cheers

john

tried to see if I can move this to the general discussion .........

Last edited:

vocky

Staff
Hello and welcome to the site :)

Probably best to blank off the EGR valve and the mixture lambda sensor might need replacing

figo126

daft question mate but are sure its a z22se ? only asking because a did get a engine out of a 2004 Vectra and it were a z22yh ????

jazz

the .2.2i is the z22yh, mine is just the 2.2 according to Parker,,s that is mmmm will check again , but then again when connected to opcom and I select z22se it loads up fine...
john

figo126

any pics without any engine cover would quickly solve this pal , yh has a high pressure fuel pump on inlet cam ,

jazz

Sorry I dont , but I thought the yh was direct and mine was the indirect, or the cam covers are different , silver for one a black for the other not sure which one sorry, ....not been under the bonnet since I got the car a few weeks back