Hi all

Tyz

Hey thought ide come and introduce myself, im tyz a Vauxhall nutt, I had an astra coupe and did a lot of work on that and got it beautiful and it gave me the vx bug, then when the mrs demanded a 5 door car I swapped to a Vectra c, it was cheap and mainly aimed to be a run around but I just love working on Vauxhalls so ive tweeked it a bit. but im hungry for more power so ive gone out and bought a 2.0T signum, its a great car, it has potential but tbh the engine is totally whacked. the car came cheap with a smokey engine, likely to be oil stem seals headgasket or oil rings,, which is probably due to the lpg bi-fuel conversion on it. but I went and picked it up and drove it back 100 miles, the temperature sensor wasn't working and the car was bellowing smoke. but I got it home and now the work begins. so its engine out time and over the next few months im going to strip and rebuild the engine back to original condition. whilst upgrading the odd bit here and there. my aim with my siggy is to return the engine to original and get rid of the lpg, pimp it to hell and modify the engine and push thru as much horses I can without going into silly money mods. A lot of stuff I do I am learning along the way, but ive been working on cars for almost 14 years now and all I know is from jumping in at the deep end and trial and error and screaming smashing and pulling my hair out over the problems I have to overcome. So big plans and lots of work due over the next few months, and I hope you guys can help out as you were recommended as the forum to come to for advice on working on and modding the Z20NET engine :)

plans for the moment are waiting for my new engine trolly stand to arrive and then pull the engine out and see if the head is warped and what other damage there is, and start rebuilding from the bottom end up

HarleyPete

Welcome, and yeah, from the short time I've been here, this is the place to come for advice. I have the 2.2 Direct Elite and I love it. :)

Dave Gilbert

Welcome to the site, I am currently building a z22SET.

Which is a z22se/z20net turbo mashup in a vectra c.

big power gains in the z20net, easy see 275/300bhp just from turbo/intercooler/injector and mapping.

What turbo n injector setup on it now? What year signum?

Facelift later models had grey or green injectors and a bigger turbo but early signums had blue injectors with a garret turbo. Good luck with the build n give me a shout when you want it mapping up, I know the perfect guy for the job.