Help

mssri150

How do I clean in here out? I took the carb off and it was thick with oil then I looked in the inlet manifold and thought s**t
20190227_180752.jpg
20190227_180752.jpg

KevinH

The throttle body and induction manifold do get coked/oiled up but you can use carb cleaner on them to tidy it up a bit but it's a service job you'll probably have to do regularly. Be careful when cleaning the throttle body as it is electronically controlled.

You are correct, that is the EGR pipe which feeds back into the manifold for emission purposes.

KevinH

Personally, I wouldn't bother as it's a fairly big job but it's up to you - a new induction manifold gasket would be required on refitting.

I would just clean the throttle body carefully and the area of the manifold that the throttle body sits on by wiping it with a lint free cloth soaked in carb cleaner.

It is also worth checking the small ventilation hose attached to the front of the camshaft cover, which connects to the air cleaner duct, to ensure this is not clogged with oily residue.

IDI AMIN

You could use either paint thinner or petrol to clean inside, If you get round to removing it from the vehicle.

This was the method i used when i cleaned mine up. Leave the stuff inside for a coupe of days, it will clean up all the muck inside.

mssri150

It's never been done in it's whole life time so going to get it off when I get time did the throttle body and get valve and pipe today so much more power and smoother to drive

IDI AMIN