Iv had my vectra 8 years and I adore it. Anyway an error code is coming up saying something to do with the chain?? The car is very juggery....sometimes drives fine then starts to jutter! Iv been qouted £600 to sort out the chain!

Thing is I love my car but the ex hubby always sorted it. I'm worried I will be ripped off or his ( his names leroy) chain will soon snap.....any help is much appreciated
His a y reg 2.2 150

vocky

Staff
£600 for both chains at a garage is about right, just make sure they are replacing both of them.

It could also be the EGR valve is stuck open.

Will the chains snap if I don't get them done soon I have absolutely no ide about leroys engine....I just know how to drive him and handle him. I think they was changed in 2009....so it is something you do every so many years/miles?

vocky

Staff
Depends which chain kits they fitted, aftermarket items would probably need replacing again. Genuine parts should last 100,000 miles or ten years

KevinH

If the chains were replaced at a Vauxhall dealers they would have used genuine kits.

Do you know what the error code is? and how many miles has it done since the chains were replaced?
I don't think that there is an error code related to a chain problem for the Z22SE engine (I could be wrong though)

vocky

Staff
that would be the coilpack, they can cause rough running. Avoid cheap pattern coilpacks, they can cause even more errors

Funny enough I had the coil pack done!!! It was fine then it starting playing up! Only one I could get was from parkers at £179. Unless it hasn't been fitted right....I will get the code. It's so frustrating cause it's such a lovely responsive car to drive and all of the sudden it starts to jutter