help wanted

philip1

I am participating in Autocross events also known as gymkanah or slalom racing. Unfortunately here in the US there is precious little availible suspension wise for these cars. I am therefore calling on all UK and European Vectra owners. If you are changing springs take a pic of your struts and how they mount, if you are adding stiffer anti roll bars take a pic of them and how they mount, any suspension mods take a pic. If you are breaking a car due to a shunt and it has uprated shocks sways or springs let me know.
I am trying to show these yank owners that a Vectra no matter what badge is on it is a force to be reconed with.

dodger

Former Staff
Good Luck in you Autocross event.

BTW i have made this a sticky which will run for a week to help people notice this topic :)

vocky

Staff
I've fitted a set of Bilstein B8 shocks with koni -35mm springs

acdn.z22se.com_userpix_13_bilsteins_B8_1.jpg

acdn.z22se.com_userpix_13_Koni_Springs_1.jpg

vocky

Staff
Hmmm, NO rofl..

here's an old pic, the Irmscher fuel cap has now been removed, new suspension and the factory xenon headlight system have since been fitted

I bought it when it was a year old, done 35k from new, owes me £15k

acdn.z22se.com_userpix_13_vec_kl_1.jpg

vocky

Staff
that was my very first mod :D

had the car less than a week and fitted the 'V6 + 2.2 Dti' front bumper, it aids engine cooling and is the best vec B bumper :eek:

JohnnyN

Former Staff
I've often wondered about why they were different. I've seen them fitted to 1.8 SRi 130's too.

:wink:

vocky

Staff
philip1 said:
Vocky do you have a part# for those shocks? Have you found any anti roll bars for our cars out there?

Bilstein part numbers are:

front = F4-VE3-4296-HO, F4-VE3-4297-HO
rear = F4-BE3-2552-HO (x2)

there are some uprated anti-roll bars available, but it's cheaper to find a 2000> 2.2dti at the breakers and remove them as they are the thickest available - doesn't help you though :(

but in europe there's about 5 or 6 different thicknesses of anti-roll bar, I was lucky as mine has uprated items as standard, but not quite as good as the 2.2 dti items

vocky

Staff
Matt said:
That looks like a right sleeper vocky

same as all my cars, standard on the outside, tweaked under the bonnet

exhaust gives the game away, it sounds very beefed up, even got twin boxes in the centre section, nothing I can do without dropping power :(

I had a 93 corsa 1.4 8v sri in 1995, before engine swaps were the norm, bog standard on the outside BUT I put an astra sport 1.8 16v engine and box under the bonnet, now that was a sleeper rofl..

philip1

would anyone be willing to help out a veccy owner trapped in the US. Stuck where the cars are so watered down they no longer even look good. Wait till you see what they have planned for the corsa here it's criminal.

BTW: my last autocross foray I did well but worn tyres and stock suspension kept me mid pack and last in class. The good news is folks are starting to look forward to seeing the big black estate.

P.S. I'll pay to post them just let me know how much