help anyone?

as posted before having problem with fuel consumption and smell of fuel,

had obd2 on it, there are no codes but the reading on the o2 sensors where both erratic and mimicking each other on occasions
also MAP showing 4.5 on idle and dropping on the throttle.

i have replaced the cat and rear lambda, but no better,

going to replace front lambda and MAP sensor, does anyone have these i can buy?

Dave Gilbert

i know it sounds abit silly but, have you checked the fuel filter? when i first got my vectra after a few weeks of owning it started smelling fuel every time i got out the car n the filter had cracked on the join so was just dripping out for abit when i had come to a stop but didnt smell of fuel say the next mornin.

Matt

Administrator
The smell of fuel can also be the filler cap not sealing correctly. I had this on my VXR and replacing the filler cap fixed the issue.

corsaZ22se

do you have an astra? think they are the same as other Vauxhalls and under the back seat is a cover for the fuel tank pump/sender maybe be a poor seal here on top of the tank or the filter as already said.

found the issue whilst looking for issue with fuel gauge i open the tank from under the backseat to check float, the gasget to put the top plate on had fallen on one side so petrol coming out and running round the tank creating the smell! cheers fellas, still have the issue of over fueling so in need of front lambda and map sendor if anyone has for me to buy??