Heated wing mirror problem

astra22bertoneauto

Hi All. Can anyone give me a few pointers on this electrical problem i have?

Passenger wing mirror heated mirror circuit is not working. I have checked the following; Replaced mirror with known working one, Checked for voltage at the plug behind the tweeter - no voltage! The electric adjustable motor does work thou. I've also tried swapping all realys for known working ones.

Car is fitted with digital climate control & the drivers wing mirror DOES heat up along with heated rear screen.

MikeS

Former Staff
so yours does it auto compared to standard when it kicks in when we press the rear windowscreen heater button?

astra22bertoneauto

Still works the same way, just button in a different location. When i press the heated rear windscreen button it also does the mirrors (but only drivers 1 for some reason).

astra22bertoneauto

must be i can hear a relay clicking when i push the button. Managed to get hold of a TIS2000 but not got a computer running XP. Gonna see if i can get a wiring diagram off there

astra22bertoneauto

Update: Got a wiring diagram off TIS2000. That shows 1 relay controls both mirrors' heated circuits. So as the drivers side works i need to check the connections between the body and the door and also pull the trim off the door to check the earth connections.

Another job for the weekend me thinks.....

astra22bertoneauto

Quick update.

At the weekend i decided to find out why my passenger mirror does not heat up. Looking at the wiring diagram i noticed the wires split after the relay but before going to the doors. So to trace the wire(s) i stripped my dash down.

Starting from the fuse box.....

to the dash loom plug in the passenger footwell.....

I tested with a test meter to find cable is intact. After the green connector the cable splits and goes off to each door. checked the connector which links body to the door and that is working too so the problem lies with the cable within the passenger door to the mirror.

So job for next weekend is to strip door down and repair/replace door loom. (door connector male/female connector looks ok). What a pain in the rear!

Attachments

• 15012012374.jpg
    15012012374.jpg
    323.6 KB · Views: 177
  • 15012012368.jpg
    15012012368.jpg
    371.9 KB · Views: 174
  • 15012012371.jpg
    15012012371.jpg
    446.3 KB · Views: 171
  • 15012012372.jpg
    15012012372.jpg