gypsy scumbags ,,,,,,,,,,

figo126

having my coupe in bits and not much space ,ive had bits all over garden bottom end hid around back of shed covered up,head in shed ,gearbox hid side of shed covered up with a big piece of plyboard and behind wheely bin ,and 2 dogs thought gearbox would be pretty safe how wrong was I? went to work today gearbox behind wheely bin ,came back from work no gearbox,,,,,,,,,,not a happy bunny? just a warning to you lads to keep your bits safe,cheeky tw--s came into my garden and had a good look around , ive not took any chances engine now in shed,ive learnt my lesson thieving scum,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Sjdickso

Staff
That's rubbish! my mate got done about 6 months ago like that raided his skip then gained entry to his garage and took a load of stuff.

HarleyPete

They tried to break into my brother-in-laws shed a few years back but were thwarted by the fact that inside he'd welded concrete reinforcing mesh into a cage on the inside. Stopped them getting in after they prised the roof up but still they did damage to the shed.

figo126

maybe good news ,friend of a friend went to local scrapyard asked if any gearboxs had been brought in ,they said only 1 ? so going in morning too see fingers crossed,

figo126

sounds good white rags where drive shafts go ,don't think they will make a deal out of it, don't think they'll want police sniffing about .if its mine ill buy scrap price to get it back if its not damaged ,better than paying full price for second hand one,

HarleyPete

They may even just cut there losses and let you have it as you can show enough proof that's it's yours. Like you say, they won't want the police and the inland revenue sniffing about.

figo126

hopefully it will be mine ,looked brand new with all the time I put into cleaning ,fingers crossed,

figo126

a mate went round all scrapyards in Doncaster area just asking has anyone brought in any gearboxes ,he told them the story about being nicked out of garden ,just said take it , I was thinking it was going to cost me but no ? got it back for nothing result well chuffed,,,,,,,,,,,

HarleyPete

Fair play to the scrappy. Mind you these days they aren't supposed to pay out cash so maybe they will stop the payment. In the scheme of things it's probably cheaper to let you have it back than get all the hassle from the police etc. Glad you got it back though mate.