GSI Seat Fitment

Matt

Administrator
Went round to Si's today to help fit his new GSI interior.

The seats are in very good condition.

Removing the front seats was nice and straight forward, but we had a real mare with the last bolt holding the centre seatbelt and buckle in place. The T50 bit rounded off the bolt, and we spent about 50 minutes trying to remove it using various different bits and a large hammer. We ended up managing to get a set of maul grips to grasp is just enough and both of us had to pull on it to get it to turn.

2013-07-18 17.50.42.jpg
While the interior was out, we gave the inside a good clean and hoover.
2013-07-18 18.10.04.jpg

The new one went in without any major problems (apart from the drivers seat having two loose bolts on the bracket holding the back of the seat to the base causing a wobble on the rear of the seat).
2013-07-18 19.16.43.jpg 2013-07-18 19.16.50.jpg 2013-07-18 19.17.01.jpg

Sjdickso

Staff
Cheers guys, and thanks Matt for all your help and posting the thread with pics, that last bolt was a nightmare we was close to giving up out came brute force and 50 minutes of sweating in the 30 +C temp.

I don't think I could have fitted them on my own, well I know I couldn't.

As Matt said the seats are in good condition and after a good clean and leather care have come up well. We did find the driver seat slightly loose but some tightening sorted that.

Also there is a tiny fault with the tilt mechanism if you you pull the plastic handle up it pulls up but not smoothly it then doesn't allow the seat to be pushed forward which happens in the mk5 and in my Dads car but when you push the seat to the normal position the back doesnt click and it will just tilt forward again. If you tilt it back and push the handle to the lok position it holds has anyone got an idea if the cable may have an issue or easy fault to fix?

Sjdickso

Staff
@Daz mentioned this before about the cables

did the info i gave you help ?? about the rear bench

It did help thanks Carl, tbh it would been fairly straightforward like you said apart from that rounded bolt but still I think I would have struggled on my own.

Does your drivers seat slide for once you have tilted the back to allow access to the rear?

You say Daz has mentioned this before about the cable?

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
i've asked das here to post :)

and my seat slides forward and returns to the same place but the same as my old seat the back has to be tilted forward to get the seat to roll back to the original position

Matt

Administrator
If it was me, I'd live with the seat not sliding forward. The VXR doesn't slide forward on the drivers side as a "safety" feature to stop you letting people in and out on the road side.

Sjdickso

Staff
Daz thanks for your PM, Carl thanks for confirming how your drivers seat works with the tilt. Will have a little play with it this weekend.

On another note I think the seats will take a bit to get used to they seem harder than my old SRi items.

Sjdickso

Staff
If it was me, I'd live with the seat not sliding forward. The VXR doesn't slide forward on the drivers side as a "safety" feature to stop you letting people in and out on the road side.

I agree Matt it isn't a massive issue at all. It be nice if the leaver locked back in place for the tilt though, once it been pressed to allow the tilt rather than manually putting it to the locked position.

Last edited:

Daz

Former Staff
Mines tilts and won't slide same as alys. But her passenger one don't do nowt

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Matt

Administrator
Mines tilts and won't slide same as alys. But her passenger one don't do nowt

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
All VXR Recaros are the same with the drivers side not sliding forward when you tilt the back forward.

MiTcH_SRI2.2

Love the seats :), you done really well to find a set in such mint condition, was having a look for a set a while back, all I found was stained and scuffed sets and wanting more than 350/400 for them. I ended up a Linea Rossa set in the end that im very happy with :)