greetings from South Africa

Hello from South Africa!!

I recently bought a Zafira Z22YH... It's a non-runner for the moment , but its the only one I could afford. My aim is to attempt DIY as much as possible until I run out of skills and online resources to guide me.
Sadly, Zafira is not a popular car in SA, and the Z22YH variant is even less common.
But I'm hoping that with YouTube / forums , etc I can find enough info to get the car on the road.
I'm no mechanic, and not really a petrolhead, but I'm also not a complete novice when it comes to DIY. I am definitely ready to learn, and definitely willing to give things a try.
I had registered also on a vectra-c forum last week, and got some useful tips there already (like the idea that I need to get Op Com), but thought it might also be beneficial to register here since i find a lot of my Google searches lead to link on this forum, and that you guys have a lot of active owners with Z22YH engines.

So hello, and I hope I can learn a lot here and, as I learn more about my car, I hope I can make positive contributions.

EDIT: I will post a thread on the "Projects" section, with all the details of where the Zafira stands right now, and then update as I go.

corsaZ22se

Welcome to Z22SE
there are a lot of useful guides on here for diy maintenance and deeper more technical works.
Plenty of guys with knowledge on these much over looked engines to.

Thanks guys.
The car does start and idle, but misfires. And it's in limp mode. Best I can gather so far from the symptoms and reading this and other forums (and a generic OBD2 scanner with Torque Pro) is that it's the Fuel Pressure Regulator.
I have the Continental HPFP, so I'm lucky there.

I have started the project thread as promised.
https://z22se.co.uk/threads/zafira-b-panoramic-z22yh-auto.29771/
Will keep it updated with whatever I find.
At the moment I'm waiting for my Chinese knockoff OP-COM device to arrive so I can disconnect the FPR and measure the voltage... I've seen quite a few posts regarding how to diagnose
Budget is super tight so I can't afford to get it wrong.

Again, thanks for the kind welcome :)