Z22YH Get yer glasses on!

AGENTKB

20140522_181847.jpg
20140522_182042.jpg
20140522_182117.jpg

This is one of the high pressure fuel pump diaphragms. Looking for the part numbers. So far top 6110505 and bottom 208586113. Any guesses?

Last edited:

DaveKay

Hi, did you get progress?
I took a gamble and bought some of membranes from Turkey after seeing a reference to them on some forum or other (had to translate the site using google.
Hasn't fixed my problem, but the membranes look identical to the original ones in my Siemens pump.

AGENTKB

Hi, did you get progress?
I took a gamble and bought some of membranes from Turkey after seeing a reference to them on some forum or other (had to translate the site using google.
Hasn't fixed my problem, but the membranes look identical to the original ones in my Siemens pump.
How did you refit the new diaphrams ? And what pressure was it outputting?

DaveKay

I've had that pump open at least 5 times this last few weeks! but each time its one extra step. refit was a strip of the pump, investigate for torn membranes (found one definite), then all back together (following two disassembly videos on youtube .
Have since added a drilled and tapped M6 hole to fill the fluid inside to Full, as I thought that half full of ATF fluid wouldnt work 100%, but I didnt refit the pump submerged in ATF fluid like one video did.
And most recently, I've cut a groove to let me take the expansion cap off and seat it properly. Mine is the original Siemens pump and getting that retaining clip out was a pig until I cut the groove.

As to Pressure, I really should go buy a manometer, but I have one of those Opcoms/vauxcoms and I have expected pressure of 5k on idle with real pressure floating either side of 5k by 50 or so each way. Have seen it at 7k when reving. yet to record while on a drive.

Wondered how you got on as I emailed Evolution and didn't get a response.. figured they had moved on or shut down or something.

AGENTKB

I've had that pump open at least 5 times this last few weeks! but each time its one extra step. refit was a strip of the pump, investigate for torn membranes (found one definite), then all back together (following two disassembly videos on youtube .
Have since added a drilled and tapped M6 hole to fill the fluid inside to Full, as I thought that half full of ATF fluid wouldnt work 100%, but I didnt refit the pump submerged in ATF fluid like one video did.
And most recently, I've cut a groove to let me take the expansion cap off and seat it properly. Mine is the original Siemens pump and getting that retaining clip out was a pig until I cut the groove.

As to Pressure, I really should go buy a manometer, but I have one of those Opcoms/vauxcoms and I have expected pressure of 5k on idle with real pressure floating either side of 5k by 50 or so each way. Have seen it at 7k when reving. yet to record while on a drive.

Wondered how you got on as I emailed Evolution and didn't get a response.. figured they had moved on or shut down or something.
Hi Tbh im still running the one i got reconned from evolution autos, I stripped mine, checked membranes by pressing them onto a bit of glass, the stuck there for 12+ hrs so no holes. Then reassembled under oil, havent tried it yet. Sorting out other issues lol. Yours sounds like its holding pressure. I would be checking mine the same way on opcom programme. Evolution autos has adapted different type of pump to run on the veccy and shows it running in youtube. Evo autos number 07886202775.

DaveKay

Thanks very much for the info! That did look a promising development, and I'll try the phone number if the Pressure Sensor arriving tomorrow doesn't do anything useful.

Didn't meant to hijack your question with a new Fuel pump chain! so, I cant help with the part number of the membranes, but I'll try to take a good picture of the Turkish Membranes I bought. I think it worked out about £35 for those (for 3, but received 4) Cant vouch for their efficiency or course... depends on whether or not my problem is still the pump or elsewhere!

DaveKay

Looks like EvolutionAutos is no longer in business. Phone number has a VoiceMail message saying closed forever and no more pumps :(

Here is a piccy of the Turkish membrane next to an original. (original is black)
Memberane 1.JPG

Membranes together.JPG
They are identical in size, however the original is much stiffer. I believe the new one is a silicon based material that they suggested would resist deterioration more than the stock ones.

I can not vouch for its efficiency. They have not fixed my problems, and at least one of the new ones has split.. less than two months old.
It may be that the pump or system is defective in some way that has damaged the membranes, also I could have fitted badly, so I'm not recommending against them, but also am not recommending for them.

Also, I have taken some squinty eyes to the numbers on an original membrane from my siemens pump and it reads:
7118625415 - this part is changeable, as another original I have ends 409
obviously very different numbers from the ones AgentKB pictured. Turkish Membranes have no numbers on them.

I've bit the bullet and bought a new pump. £450.. and will be livid when that one breaks as no doubt prices are only going to climb.

I hope this helps someone in some way.