Fuel pressure

I'm having some problems where my car is having a ruff idle and is overfueling so I did some fuel pressure tests. Could someone take a look at my uploaded video and make anything of it?

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
you are 1 bar over pressure
its either an air leak or no connection to the fuel pressure regulator maybe even a defective fpr
DSC09713 (Medium).JPG

I'm trying to understand your meter, but does it show 50 psi? What is the spec for a z22se engine?

Could you explain how an air leuk could result in an over pressure?

Any idea on how to test the fpr? Mine doesn't have a vacuum hose. So is there any way to rule out an defective fpr?

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
sorry i ment air leak on the pipe to the fpr
the astra z22se has a vacuum controlled fpr and is 3bar with the pipe connected and engine running

is it a vectra c ?

the vectra has an intank fuel pressure switch and the pump turns on and off as need be im niot 100% sure what the pressure is ment to be on the vec as i dont have one or have tested one
but the fpr on the fuel rail is open to air with no return pipe like the astra

Nassa

sorry i ment air leak on the pipe to the fpr
the astra z22se has a vacuum controlled fpr and is 3bar with the pipe connected and engine running

is it a vectra c ?

the vectra has an intank fuel pressure switch and the pump turns on and off as need be im niot 100% sure what the pressure is ment to be on the vec as i dont have one or have tested one
but the fpr on the fuel rail is open to air with no return pipe like the astra
3.8 bar, fuel pressure limiter in the tank
20181113_115734.jpg