Fuel niggle??

JohnnyN

Former Staff
My EGR blanking plate arrived today, part# 24575592, £3.37 inc. 15% VAT.

Went out this evening after work and fitted it on. I was suprised to see it quite wet/oily when I took the EGR off. There was mayo gunky stuff in the EGR valve and the surrounding areas were wet. I cleaned it all up, fitted the plate and turned the valve around by 90` so that the valve piston can still move. Torqued back upto 20Nm and finished.

Attachments

• EGR Blanking 003.jpg
    EGR Blanking 003.jpg
    700.3 KB · Views: 372
  • EGR Blanking 004.jpg
    EGR Blanking 004.jpg
    528.4 KB · Views: 328
  • EGR Blanking 005.jpg
    EGR Blanking 005.jpg
    607.8 KB · Views: 327
  • EGR Blanking 006.jpg
    EGR Blanking 006.jpg
    595.7 KB · Views: 334

vocky

Staff
I might be stupid, BUT.............

isn't the egr valve not used with a sc conversion :wtf:

ie; the sc inlet manifold doesn't even connect to the egr system notsure.gif

slindborg

could be oil sitting in the egr pipe work that has gone skanky with the cooler weather.

This happens a lot with older cars breather systems this time of year.

JohnnyN

Former Staff
Well, 1 week on and driven everyday, a few stop starts and all is fine so far.

1. The EGR blank has been fitted.

2. The bonnet lagging has been removed.

3. The bonnet has been raised back up by 5mm as it was when I first collected it after the SC.

Daz

Former Staff
Dont thnk ure gonna find if its cured until we have some nicer weather again,as the ambient temp is lot lower now....

poundy

JohnnyN said:
I don't use the car very often so this has been a bit of a slow process. I noticed back in May that after driving the car and switching it off, if I were to start it again within a few minutes, the car would struggle to start almost as if it were flooded with fuel. I did some investigating and found that when I removed the short intake pipe, there was unburnt fuel sat in the pipe. My intake pipe houses the 2 boost injectors.

So I decided that the flooding symptoms must be from when the car tries to start, its getting a gulp of fuel that's sitting in the intake pipe. Now, what would be likely to cause this fuel to be sat in the intake pipe? The boost injectors shouldn't be feeding any fuel unless on boost. I've tried taking the intake pipe off and running the car to see if any fuel comes out of the injectors but there is no leakage from what I can see.

I changed the coolant temp sensor today and I am waiting now until I drive it again to see if there has been any change. Can any of you think of any other reasons why i'd be getting this petrol sitting in the intake pipe?

notsure.gif
mine does exactly the same thing.always has