Front Fogs Dash Warning Light.

NRMAC

Hi, I've got a '55 plate - 2006 Vectra SRI. The dash Fog Light Warning light keeps coming on. The display is saying front fog issue. Both of the front fog lights are working fine. If I put the front fogs on the 'Bulb' warning light on the dash will go off after about 5 seconds but when i turn the fogs off the light comes back on pretty much straight away. Any ideas on what the issue could be plse ?

HarleyPete

Yours will probably be the same as mine was. Although the lamp is working fine it will throw up an warning when it does the check. You'll find the lamp holder is corroded like mine was. If you look under the bottom of the fog light behind the bumper you'll see a large circular cover. That is the access to the lamp holder, you'll probably find it's corroded by water getting into to it (maybe if like mine, you have a cracked lens). The system test the lamps by sending a low level electrical charge through the wiring to test the lamp. If it gets a certain resistance then I assume it flags it up thinking the lamp has failed whereas it actually works.

NRMAC

Thanks Pete, i'll have a look at the lamp holders, i've bought new bulbs as i read that sometimes when the bulb filament is starting to fail it can also bring up the fault light even if the bulb is still working. Thanks for your advise.