Announcement Forum Software Upgraded

Matt

Administrator
I've just finished upgrading the forum software to XenForo 1.3 (Beta)

For an idea of what the changes will be, please see these threads:http://xenforo.com/community/forums/have-you-seen/?prefix_id=34

To summarise, the changes are:
  • Smiley Management Enhancements
  • Various Moderation Improvements
  • Custom BB Codes
  • Google+/Twitter Registration, User Upgrade Logs, Censor Improvement
  • EXIF Rotation, ACP Searching, Proxying and Change Logging
  • Editor Toolbar, Spoiler BB Code and MultiQuote
Some of the new feature videos for those who haven't clicked the link

This is still a beta version, but a stable beta version. There have been bug fixes since it was released, and they normally release updates on a Tuesday, so if you find any issues, please let me know in here.

Matt

Administrator
iPhone upload
image.jpg

milo

Don't know if its just me or not. But when posting in 'What you listening to?' thread all the youtube vids and soundcloud are rather larger than normal?

Matt

Administrator
Don't know if its just me or not. But when posting in 'What you listening to?' thread all the youtube vids and soundcloud are rather larger than normal?
I changed the YouTube vids to be responsive, and they now scale to 90% width of the window. Shouldn't have affected the soundcloud ones though?

Matt

Administrator
That's fixed. I've added the redirect in for the forum directory to point back to the document root

Code:
    location /forum/ {
       rewrite ^/forum/(.*)?$ /$1 redirect;
       rewrite ^/forum$ / redirect;
  }

Matt

Administrator
I've just done some tidying up of the links in the forum.

Removed /forum from all content in posts

58092_upload_2014-2-7_7-28-37.png

Removed www and set to HTTPS
58093_upload_2014-2-7_7-30-51.png

Removed old CDN urls
58096_upload_2014-2-7_7-34-10.png

58097_upload_2014-2-7_7-37-18.png

Last edited:

Matt

Administrator
I've set the YouTube videos back to their standard setting. I did check, and the SoundCloud links were the same as always, as those weren't changed.

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
@Matt can the forum be made to mark the images as read in the media page just from looking at the grid view ? and not having looking at every image to show as viewed?

Matt

Administrator
You could always just drop down the media menu, and selecting the same Mark Viewed from there to get rid of the notice without even needing to go in there? It works the same in the garage section as well.