Announcement Forum Software Update

Matt

Administrator
You might have noticed, the site looks quite different again. I've upgraded to XenForo2, which is a large upgrade from the old version. The theme is back to the default until I can make some adjustments, but it's a lot less "fussy" than the old custom version we were using (that needed an add-on just to work!). The Garage / Blog / Gallery are gone for the time being, as they need to also be upgraded, but hadn't been used in almost a year, so I'll get around to those eventually.

Any issues, let me know.

vocky

Staff
What I have noticed over the last few months / year or so is a slow down on many car sites, not really sure where everyone has gone o_O

Matt

Administrator
Yeah, a lot has slowed down due to Facebook etc, as it's just easier to post on there than most other places. There are still some huge sites around (I manage the infrastructure for quite a few now), but car sites have really dropped off.

KevinH

You might have noticed, the site looks quite different again. I've upgraded to XenForo2, which is a large upgrade from the old version. The theme is back to the default until I can make some adjustments, but it's a lot less "fussy" than the old custom version we were using (that needed an add-on just to work!). The Garage / Blog / Gallery are gone for the time being, as they need to also be upgraded, but hadn't been used in almost a year, so I'll get around to those eventually.

Any issues, let me know.

It's got quite a refreshing new look Matt - I like it. (y)

One thing I have noticed is that there is only the one option to 'like' a post at the moment - is it on a list to add more options e.g. 'agree', 'winner', 'useful'....etc?

Once again, as Vocky says, thank you for continuing to host the site for us. It has been very useful and interesting over the years I have been a member and although the activity and membership has tailed off , it still remains about the best car site around even though it's fairly specific. :)

Matt

Administrator
One thing I have noticed is that there is only the one option to 'like' a post at the moment - is it on a list to add more options e.g. 'agree', 'winner', 'useful'....etc?
That was a paid addon, I've not deleted the old data, but the new version costs money......and since I've removed ads from the site.......there is no funds for paid addons again.