Resolved Fontawesome not loading IE

hendomagic

sorry if this is a stupid question but does anyone else viewing this site on mobile have a problem with icons/images not showing up (se screenshot)

Matt

Administrator
sorry if this is a stupid question but does anyone else viewing this site on mobile have a problem with icons/images not showing up (se screenshot)
Have you attached the screenshot?

Any particular area of the site you are seeing this?

hendomagic

hmm seems to not want to upload my screen shots. Main things are two buttons next to my username at the top of the screen and all of the icons above (as you write) a reply show up as blank rectangles and all icons/images beside forum topics show rectangles aswell. Using windows mobile IE if that makes any difference

Matt

Administrator
hmm seems to not want to upload my screen shots. Main things are two buttons next to my username at the top of the screen and all of the icons above (as you write) a reply show up as blank rectangles and all icons/images beside forum topics show rectangles aswell. Using windows mobile IE if that makes any difference
Windows mobile might be the issue. I'm using chrome on my iPhone, and no issues with mobile what so ever. Uploading is done using html5 so should work on any browser.
image.jpg

That's what it looks like on mine.

Only thing I can think without seeing a screenshot is the SSL ciphers being used, and your browser is blocking some of the content.

Could you email me the screenshot?

Matt

Administrator
The two buttons at the top (along with most of the icons) are done with fontawesome which is pure CSS, so again, that could be specific to the browser

image.jpg

Matt

Administrator
Actually, from what you have described as I've read it again sound like none of the fontawesome stuff is working in your browser. I'll do some digging and see what I can find out

Matt

Administrator
Same as what I found. I'll try making some changes on the server as it could be missing some settings that were present in the old config that was sending the correct mime types up. I'll try debugging it tomorrow.

hendomagic

big thumbs up to you. I can build pc's with my eyes closed but like I said CSS scripts and the like just baffle me. Cheers dude

Matt

Administrator
big thumbs up to you. I can build pc's with my eyes closed but like I said CSS scripts and the like just baffle me. Cheers dude
I fully reinstalled the server hosting the site this morning, but I've got all the config files for nginx and php backed up on the backup server, so I'll check against those.

Matt

Administrator
upload_2014-8-4_10-15-39.png

Should be fixed now.

Had to add this to my nginx config for the z22se.uk domain I use to serve the static content from

Code:
        location ~* \.(eot|ttf|woff)$ {
                add_header Access-Control-Allow-Origin *;
        }