Fog lamp issue.

HarleyPete

Hi all,

I know that there has been other post reference fog lamps but mine appears a little different. Periodically I get the lamp warning light up on the dash and the display says to check L/H fog light. However, both fogs work and as soon as I turn them on the light goes out on the dash. If I turn them off again, the dash warning light stays off for a while (in fact, it happened just after I bought the car, and then stopped for nearly a week). I am wondering if the issue could be condensation related as I noticed just after buying the car that the L/H fog light has a cracked lens.
I don't whether this could be the reason or is there something else? It's strange as I said, that it's only intermittent, happened two or three times on the second day I had it (4th Jan) then nothing till last night.

Pete

Dave Gilbert

Probably a bad connection
due to the cracked lense.

Id either clean the terminals on the bulb or replace the bulb, see if that helps.

HarleyPete

Thought that might be a possibility but thought I'd ask. I have made an offer on a replacement unit on Ebay as I'd rather change it then I know it's not the lens. The fact that it's only happened again since we had a lot of rain, so I'm wondering if water has got through the crack and that's what's causing the problem.

HarleyPete

Cracked lens is now a failure I think too but wasn't before. My Zafira had one for the whole of the time I had it. I just hope I have the right one on Ebay.

KevinH

Hi Pete,

There are two part numbers listed for the LH fog light unit for the Signum.
They are: 93176395 and 13302113

I think it is the latter because that says for RHD models and I'm assuming the other is for LHD
You could check this with your Vauxhall parts dept before you buy.

Hope that helps

Last edited:

HarleyPete

I managed to take a picture of the back of the fog lamp unit and saw a sticker on it that had the following:
590 31 000 00
13 170 953 L
(this was in a bold font)
Under the above (which is how laid out how it was on sticker) was a barcode.
So far when I put that number into ebay it comes up with this.

rushy

The LHF fog always has a few issues as its directly under the washer bottle filler neck. You'll notice most prefacelift's have a fogged up foglight. Overfill from the filler neck lands on top of the fog unit and gets in. I've got a pilot hole on the cap that stops this happening. Water doesn't get in through the hole as it acts like a diving bell.

KevinH

Hi Pete,

The second number you give above is the GM part number (13170953) and listed as "Lamp Assembly. Front Fog, LH-LHD"

A little confused.com but obviously both parts fit - maybe the beam angles are slightly different.

Last edited:

HarleyPete

Hi Kevin,

Your confused, how do you think I feel, lol. These are the grills and I assume the fog lights I have on my car (well they certainly look like the same grills).

KevinH

Hi Pete,

The front fog lamp (part with glass/perspex) is part no. 9270157
This looks like the part you have bid on.(y)

The anthracite inserts (grills) with the chrome mouldings are listed as part no. 93187818 (LH) and 93187831 (RH).

Last edited:

HarleyPete

The grill and everything else is fine it's just a cracked lens but putting that 11170953 number in throws up a different lamp unit than the one I put an offer on mate.

HarleyPete

I think that mine maybe a facelift model looking at the pictures I've Googled. Although mine hasn't got the full length storage in the roof.

HarleyPete

That would be great if they were the right ones for my motor but judging by the part number on the rear of the unit they are different on mine PowR Remap.