Fitting the EGR Cheater

chunk1982

Thank you for the prompt reply matt.
as your the admin please feel free to delete my account as I only joined to ask about the cheater

many thanks and all the best

paul

Matt

Administrator
Thank you for the prompt reply matt.
as your the admin please feel free to delete my account as I only joined to ask about the cheater

many thanks and all the best

paul
It's easier to keep on top of cleaning the EGR on the Z19DTH. I had one in my old Vectra, and just used to take it off, and clean it every 6 months. You can also get a different gasket which reduces the amount of EG coming back into the inlet to the minimum amount the ECU needs before throwing the EML on.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EGR-valve...JTDM-VAUXHALL-OPEL-1-9-CDTI-16V-/180947852254

HarleyPete

Welcome to the site.

Not sure if Matt has discontinued them or if they're just out of stock. Without stepping on his toes or offending him then if you need one that quickly then try here.
If he can still get them I would suggest asking him, do you need the cheater too to go with that. If he isn't doing them then maybe this will help.

HarleyPete

Fair enough, didn't want to offend Matt but at the same time was trying to help you out. Matt is a great bloke and I will always choose here first but it did look like they're no longer in stock.

HarleyPete

Okay Matt wasn't sure if you had any more or if you were stopping doing them. Didn't want to offend you by offering help via Ebay but thought that maybe the member wanted them double quick.

Fitted egr cheater and the blankingplate... Went for a good test drive. No hickups so far.

By the way, what do you guys have to say about Zafira 1.9 CDTI ENJOY model 2007 170K km on the clock(110 Kw)? Asked price 4300GBP. I need a comute and family car. Maybe wrong thread but anyway.

Driven more than 1000km since I fitted the egr cheater. Motor running like a dream. What a nifty little life saver!

I keep wondering though, does this mod affect the exhaust in anyway? Should I be concerned about passing the M.O.T exhaust test?

Johnss

Made my first cheater! Thank you guys for blueprints.
One last question, I used 1W resistors for the circuit, won't it cause any problems?

Nate6874

this is my latest version of the egr cheater, I see little point in retaining the plug on the engine loom, so now the egr cheater is designed to fit inside the loom tray :)

the latest version

View attachment 19354

first step is to open the loom tray, use a small screwdriver to release the clips

View attachment 19355

then cut only the four wires required and connect them to the egr cheater, the last wire can then be cut and taped to the loom.
the spare brown wire is not required anymore :)

View attachment 19356

then slide the egr cheater into the loom tray and reattach the lid, be careful not to trap any wires etc

finally remove the redundant egr valve and fit the vauxhall blanking plate

View attachment 19357
Have you developed one for the z22yh engine?

Johnss

Hi. Is there any reason to suspect that this cheater won't work on a `Vectra b x25xe?
ai.imgur.com_E2eVfQ2.gif