Fitting Cruise control

C9SRi

thanks very much matey! seems like theres alot of checks to be done before you can start!

dodger

Former Staff
I didn't bother, i just made sure that the stalk connector was there and the clutch switch connector was there which are easy checks then got the bits and fiited them and worked first time. :D

solorider

a word of warning,not all astras have the wiring for cruise control in the engine compartment,i have a 2001 1.8 sri astra which im selling and that has wiring insude the car but the wiring is not there from the bulkhead to the ecu,also to get the cruise cont to work it may need tech2,fitted cruise to a vectra 2.2d no probs though

Kidd Sri

i call mine speed camera control not cruise control hehe. Best thing to run around in the speed camera spots especially for digital average speed cameras!! Best easiest mod ever and cheap considering vx prob charge an arm and a leg for extra options.

i have a 2003 (52 plate) 2.2 sri. i want to fit cruise control. i have heard that the wiring loom is pre installed but what about the clutch switch?

will i have to have a tech 2 to turn it on. i have heard also that it can be as easy as plug and play

cheers

frosty

sophos9

This thread looks really promising :)

Could someone help with the 2 parts I would need and how to go about fitting them please? Was checking all over for cruise control on the 2001 Vectra 2.2 when I bought it and realised it did not have it :(

Thanks in advance

Daz

Former Staff
I may have a stalk and clutch switch here....will check in the morning and get back to ya....

If i have....there £30 for the 2 delivered to ure door....

jimmy83

I've had the steering wheel cowl off my Zafira A 2.2 Design but couldn't see the blue plug anywhere?? Fitted it to my Vectra piece of wee wee but I'm guessing without this blue plug it'll cost me ££ to fit it. Anyone know otherwise? dunno..

AceOdinn

jimmy83 said:
I've had the steering wheel cowl off my Zafira A 2.2 Design but couldn't see the blue plug anywhere?? Fitted it to my Vectra piece of wee wee but I'm guessing without this blue plug it'll cost me ££ to fit it. Anyone know otherwise? dunno..

I've got the same problems, guys!
Tryed to find a blue plug in the wheel colomn, but failed!
Where it could be?
I do not belive in a fact that I have not criuse control wiring!
notsure.gif

vocky

Staff
it can sometimes be hidden in the loom area, but without that plug cruise control will be hard to fit

vectra22

AceOdinn said:
Well, will try to look for it one more time dunno..

HI, if u have vectra facelift 2.2 sri, its not a blue plug, its a black plug with a blue pin type inset. When u take off the top steering coloum off .. on the very top u will have or should have 2 black plugs sitting on a slider bracket the left plug should hold a blue pin thats what u got to take out to plug the c/c stalk in to.

AceOdinn

vectra22 said:
AceOdinn said:
Well, will try to look for it one more time dunno..

HI, if u have vectra facelift 2.2 sri, its not a blue plug, its a black plug with a blue pin type inset. When u take off the top steering coloum off .. on the very top u will have or should have 2 black plugs sitting on a slider bracket the left plug should hold a blue pin thats what u got to take out to plug the c/c stalk in to.

Nope, I've got Astra G and no plugs at all :)

Wow just found this thread and I am excited about getting cruise control on the cheap on my 2001 Vectra B. Are the parts still readily available and is there a current "howto" as the one posted a few replies ago is no longer valid.

monkeyboy

ya you need a indicator stalk with cruise control buttons on and a brake pedal switch
you can buy both from LMF vauxhall or the stealership if your feeling flush

STALK
fitting is quite simple first remove the steering wheel surround. couple of screws and plastic clips.
you"ll need to move the steering wheel from left to right to see the clips
once the covers removed the indicator stalk is held on by two screws and a multi plug. remove it.
you will also notice an unused single black plug with a blue cap sitting next to the stalk this is for the cruise control
when fitting the new C/C stalk simply remove the blue cap and plug the unused wire into the extra socket on the stalk ( job done)

PEDAL SWITCH
you"ll need to remove the cover infront of the pedals (plastic screws just twist off)
once this is out of the way you will see a plastic heater pipe this just pops off
now you should have good axcess to the pedals notice the clutch already has a switch fitted
so just the brake to do .
above the brake pedal you will find a white plug taped to the main wiring out of the way cut the tape off
and pull it free ( be carefull tho)
the back ove the pedal has a square cut out for the switch to fit in (only goes in one way ) push in untill it clicks push the plug into the switch. pump the brake pedal with your hand to make sure the switch is fitted securly then take for test drive before refitting everything.

its bin a while but im sure i havnt forgot anything hope you find this usefull (y)

Lovely. Thanks very much for taking the time to write this up. Very helpful.

All I have to do now get the parts. I phoned the stealership for a stalk and they wanted £48+VAT :upyours:

Think I'll avoid Ebay and go with LMF Vauxhall and get warranted parts.