Fitting Cruise control to Zaf A auto?

Johnss

It was just after you go into cim at the top it says security code. Put it in there I may help
Zafira/Astra-G even doesn't have CIM option available. Neither do Cruise control options under "Instrument"->"Programming". Only place i found where i could enter the code was at Immobiliser II.
ai.imgur.com_9SWEcIR.jpg

Timbo

This is from the info that came with my Op-Com:

upload_2015-3-6_22-47-47.png

This is for Zaf B which seems more complex:
upload_2015-3-6_22-54-10.png

upload_2015-3-6_22-55-43.png

Attachments

• upload_2015-3-6_22-54-42.png
    upload_2015-3-6_22-54-42.png
    49.8 KB · Views: 237
  • upload_2015-3-6_22-55-23.png
    upload_2015-3-6_22-55-23.png
    49.8 KB · Views: 220

Johnss

Where do you get the security code from?
What do you mean? I tested code in "Immobilser II" programming, it worked, but as i said that only place where i can enter it. As You can see at HarleyPete video, ECU programming it doesn't ask for a code.

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
zaf a has a completely different control system to the zaf b
the only way i can think is if you go to
year
car
engine
measuring blocks
and see if the cruise control buttons are showing as working when pressed

maybe look in the auto box ecu and see if theres options there

HarleyPete

Carl hit upon one thing, and that's the reference to an auto gearbox. It may be a different programming system from that of a manual as there is no clutch switch to worry about as it only disengages when you touch the brake. I have cruise control on my Signum which is a 2.2 auto, I assume that it would not make much difference in respect of the engine size.

Johnss

zaf a has a completely different control system to the zaf b
the only way i can think is if you go to
year
car
engine
measuring blocks
and see if the cruise control buttons are showing as working when pressed

maybe look in the auto box ecu and see if theres options there
there are options under measuring blocks, both says "Not programmed".
Only place where I can change that is in following this instruction: https://z22se.co.uk/attachments/upload_2015-3-6_22-47-47-png.59562/
But it simply DOESN'T END SUCCESSFULLY, i get message "Programming failed", meaning i cannot change anything in ECU variant programming. Now i am starting to think that maybe the op-com interface is faulty as only explanation.

Last edited by a moderator:

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
opcom is good for some things and useless for others
you may find that you will have to have tech2 pluged in and the ecu updated or buy a zaf a ecu with auto and cc

Johnss

well, people in this same thread suggested me to purchase op-com for activating the cruise control, just few posts back.. :D

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
well, people in this same thread suggested me to purchase op-com for activating the cruise control, just few posts back.. :D
yes but for the cost of opcom it one of them toolbox items you can't do without its good for problem solving
its just restricted on its programming features as i found out with the headlamp leveling device

with the astra h and vec c op would activate the cruise control 100% but not on the astra g / zaf a system i dont think i was under the understanding that all 2.2's had cruise control programmed from the factory but then i never considered the auto box in to that

KevinH

Yes - confusing :confused:
Timbo (the original poster) has a Zafira A with auto box.

Like Carl, I was under the impression that all Z22SE's were enabled for cruise control from factory since March 2000 (don't hold me to that though).