Fitting Cruise control to Zaf A auto?

Johnss

Alright, today fitted clutch switch and stalk.. However cruise control doesn't work. Tried at different speeds, 40-60 km/h..
Looks like will have to visit ECU programmer after all.. :(

Timbo

Alright, today fitted clutch switch and stalk.. However cruise control doesn't work. Tried at different speeds, 40-60 km/h..
Looks like will have to visit ECU programmer after all.. :(
If you have/can get OpCom it should work out cheaper than a dealer to activate.

Dave Gilbert

It looks right n from the uk so should be good, theres some copies that dont work very well im told but I couldnt tell you a good 1 from a bad 1.

HarleyPete

Mine was from a UK seller too but was still a Chinese clone copy. Apparently you have to disable driver signing to install it on Win 7/8.

Johnss

I think they all are Chinese-clones, except if You buy professional version for about 400GBP :)
So it runs on Win7, and does it allow ECU programming?
I figured out, that on Astra-G/Zafira-A cruise control is enabled in ECU programming.

Johnss

Now I was trying to activate cruise control by using op-com. When I press [Program variant configuration] I get error message "The file cannot be loaded: var\zafiraengz22se.var". :(
Now what?
Edit: Can I choose other engine code from list for that programing?

Last edited:

Johnss

All right, i got newer vaux-com version, where are no missing files, however when I try to activate Cruise Control and hit "perform coding" button, i receive 'programing failed'. In the ECU window these messages appears:
Code:
Negative answer to service 0x27
The reason is: 0x35
invalidKey

Negative answer to service 0x3B
The reason is: 0x33
securityAccessDenied-securityAccessRequested
I tried different years and models Zafira/Astra-G in the lists, same problem..
Any solutions?

Johnss

Invalid key? Maybe you are putting the security code in wrong? Im no pro though
When accessing [Program variant configuration] and hiting "perform coding" button, there are nowhere to input security code. At least it doesn't ask for one.

Dave Gilbert

I would have thought you would need to put the pass code into op-com before changing any settings

but iv only reset a ecu with it n that needed the code. Like I say im no expert

Johnss

I would have thought you would need to put the pass code into op-com before changing any settings

but iv only reset a ecu with it n that needed the code. Like I say im no expert
In which moment did it asksed for code?
For cruise control it's going like this example:
(look from 2:14)