Failed Balance Chain Tensioner

Dave Gilbert

so this has been getting steadly worse, with the weather being colder in a morning.

so this only happens for a minute or so on first cold start of the day, it doesnt effect the engine revs(except i had a small miss fire yesterday for a few seconds)

had chains done less than 3000 miles ago and changed the oil less than 200 miles ago.

Any ideas.

Dave Gilbert

thats good then. al see if i can change it. i ant got a clue. just found your videos on youtube n had a look through through nice

Dave Gilbert

I hope so. But I havent checked
it starts and runs fine. Its been getting worse for the past 2 weeks id say. I did the oil change out of fear hahaha.

I would have thought if it was the alternator it would do it constant(like it did before) all I can check is if the powers right(without taking the alternator off)

milo

Part of a guide broke off and is bouncing around? Tensioner not working and chain loose and hitting sides??

Dave Gilbert

I cant at the minute iv got someone coming to view a punto im selling for my aunty(I dont think it would look very good being under the bonnet of 1 car and trying to sell another). I will hopefully get on it tomorow after work. Id say about 12.00