F23 speed sensor location

Rick201i

As above where is this located. I assume I don't have one and probably have a blank over it.Does anyone have any pictures

corsaZ22se

all the uk cars which ran the f23 use the wheel speed sensors for abs for speedo.
some gear casing do have the casting un machined for a speed pick up off the diff though. did find 1 that was machined with a core plug in outer hole.
not seen a diff with any kind of speed pick up ring on for f23 yet though.

corsaZ22se

Above the diff on the bell housing part of the casting. under where the shifter cables fix on, next to the bracket that holds the rear lambda plug

Rick201i

I found it. I would of thought all I needed was the Speedo sensor some wiring to make it work

Attachments

• 20181209_111407.jpg
    20181209_111407.jpg
    362 KB · Views: 618

Rick201i

all the uk cars which ran the f23 use the wheel speed sensors for abs for speedo.
some gear casing do have the casting un machined for a speed pick up off the diff though. did find 1 that was machined with a core plug in outer hole.
not seen a diff with any kind of speed pick up ring on for f23 yet though.
So not all diffs on f23 gearbox had markings for pick up sensor

corsaZ22se

you will need to find all that and possibly a new diff as well.
it's a lot of work and parts just to move the speedo pick up from ABS sensor to the gearbox

corsaZ22se

not sure?
I know the Corsa C did but they only use F23 on 1.7cdti which has ABS.
don't know if any Astra G's with F23 box didn't have ABS as it was only fitted to higher powered/cc models.

Rick201i

not sure?
I know the Corsa C did but they only use F23 on 1.7cdti which has ABS.
don't know if any Astra G's with F23 box didn't have ABS as it was only fitted to higher powered/cc models.
Interesting. I've ordered the manual on the astra .hoping it turns up before Christmas

corsaZ22se

Its also unlikely even if you do track down a F23 with the speedo pick up that your speedo will be compatible and indicate speed with out other electronic controllers and calibration.