Expensive month!

Matt

Administrator
Gearbox, droplinks, and 6 months road tax!

Just taxed the car this evening, £148.50 for 6 months privilege of driving on our s**t roads.

Matt

Administrator
Yep, would be nice to not care. I've got friends who don't even remember the last time the oil was changed on their Zafira, and it runs like a dream.

h4rri

I had a Maestro van that I forgot to MOT for 18 months once.

Is hurts when they all decide to breakdown or need tax at the same time.

I currently have the Astra badly in need of a clutch, Corsa failed it's MOT on emissions which is going to get expensive and the Tigra now needs a new window regulator as the old one has jammed and blown :(

*sigh* i hate working on cars ....

MikeS

Former Staff
lol last week i noticed my mot expired on the 13th, had to go book it in straight away

failed on wheel bearing, window wiper, and side light

si.c1978

same here mot is due last week tho! the fto has had the underside tidied up new underseal (had it professionly inspected and sprayed all round as well i wasnt doing that dirty old job myself, and its just reasurring knowing theres no under body rust) new disks on the front (drilled and grooved) new pads all round and general service stuff. (oil, gearbox fluid, air filter etc) plus new section of exhaust earlier in the year. (but i dont like it, sounds funny when cold, seems standard fto downpipe is best)
oh and some high intensity legal bulbs as fto lights are well gay!
IMAG0053.jpg
IMAG0056.jpg
IMAG0057.jpg
IMAG0061.jpg
IMAG0297.jpg
IMAG0053.jpg
IMAG0056.jpg
IMAG0057.jpg
IMAG0061.jpg
IMAG0297.jpg

all in all i spent over 600 quid and saved myself hundreds!
then my favourite mod ever, my horn woulda failed mot so i fitted some masive air horns! loadsa fun! lol.

Last edited:

MikeS

Former Staff
rofl

well did all the work myself in the freezing cold, must of saved myself a good ton in labour i reckon

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
its cause the sub frame was removed then bolted on not quite in the same place its almost impossible to do that anywho

Matt

Administrator
its cause the sub frame was removed then bolted on not quite in the same place its almost impossible to do that anywho
Well it's running nice and straight now. I'm almost happy with how the car is running. It just needs an oil change and a wash now.

si.c1978

really?? me and me mate did a near perfect job on the drive on me old astra g (mind you they used shoulder/shanked bolts in that subframe making it easier) and we are just a little neanderthal down here.
id expect better from a garage that actually has the right equipment.

Matt

Administrator
I don't think they actually need to remove the subframe on the MK5 to remove the gearbox, it can be done on a ramp quite easily from what I've read on the VXR site.