exhaust manifold wanted..what other cars are the same.

P7ULD

Hi, Im trying to source a manifold for my vectra b 2.2 150 in the Huddersfield area..firstly is anyone selling one..secondly which other vauxhalls are the same..thirdly is the 150ps the same as lesser ps.
Thanks.

P7ULD

Its like 150 bhp in old money..the standard 2.2s like ls gls sxi trim are lower ps/ bhp, i think its the management system that increases the standard engine but not sure.
Thanks for the link.

MikeS

Former Staff
no difference whatsoever

it was just badging like they did on the cavalier, ie cavalier 120 when it was 118bhp

the z22se engine pumps out around 145 bhp, Engine torque 149.7 lbs/ft

the Vectra B Saloon 2.2sri was prob the best 2.2 I come across, the Astra G just feels very unrefined and not as well balanced

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
ps vs bhp vs kw
bhp.JPG

ive driven both i like the vectra for its bus like smooth ride
but prefer the astra for its sportier short wheel base

cav24v

no difference whatsoever

it was just badging like they did on the cavalier, ie cavalier 120 when it was 118bhp

the z22se engine pumps out around 145 bhp, Engine torque 149.7 lbs/ft

the Vectra B Saloon 2.2sri was prob the best 2.2 I come across, the Astra G just feels very unrefined and not as well balanced

I did see a 2.2 direct rated at 150bhp in the tech spec not badges while I was looking to buy my vectra.

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt

Administrator
Hi, Im trying to source a manifold for my vectra b 2.2 150 in the Huddersfield area..firstly is anyone selling one..secondly which other vauxhalls are the same..thirdly is the 150ps the same as lesser ps.
Thanks.
Standard or aftermarket / performance

steve2761

I know Ashley exhausts have recently started making mild steel four branches for the z22se,but it for Astra so has angled downpipe flange.i did contact them on eBay and are happy to produce one for vec b but need a car to work with as a jig.
search eBay for the z22se Ashley four branch and see what you make of it.they also told me they could add 200cell cat too.
WAS considering their offer to use my car but just bought a nice shiny stainless jobbie from black sheep.

You can also take a manifold without cat and use the Z20LET cat. This is also a 200cell. Much cheaper than buying the Ashley.

I´ll use this for my Astra. For normal in combination with EDS-software (should be same like regal) it should bring about 170Ps.

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
You can also take a manifold without cat and use the Z20LET cat. This is also a 200cell. Much cheaper than buying the Ashley.

I´ll use this for my Astra. For normal in combination with EDS-software (should be same like regal) it should bring about 170Ps.
the z20let wont fit is about 2foot to long unless you cut it up and weld it

You remove a part as long as your cat out of the tube and weld between so you won´t lose the flange ;)

For Astra G (my case) there even is no flange.