Exhaust for the 1.6

Matt

Administrator
Well the exhaust is on, after 4 hours fitting it. It's an appauling fitment, and there is a massive gap between the back box and the pipe. It's making a right row, and blowing like mad. Also, the EML had now come on. Anyone got any ideas as to what could have caused the EML?

JohnnyN

Former Staff
Have you got a tapered wire gasket between your backbox flange and the pipe? As for the EML, that's odd??

Matt

Administrator
JohnnyN said:
Have you got a tapered wire gasket between your backbox flange and the pipe? As for the EML, that's odd??

No mate, there was nothing like that in the kit that was supplied??

JohnnyN

Former Staff
So what is between the 2 flanges at the backbox to the pipe? Is the pipe tapered at all?

If not, it sounds like you are missing some bits.

:roll:

JohnnyN

Former Staff
That's the tapered wire gasket that I was talking about. You can get them from your main dealer too for around the same price.

Matt

Administrator
nice one, I'm also going to disconnect the battery tomorrow to see if it clears the fault. If not, I'm stumped notsure.gif

Matt

Administrator
Ok, after a very sleepless night, it looks like I may have disrupted the Lamba Sensor. Going to get the car jacked up once it's light and see if I've disconnected it when fitting the exhaust.

Sjdickso

Staff
Have you managed to get the gasket yet?. It's odd as the EML didnt come on until you drove off but on idle it was ok?

Might be worth re-fitting the BB with gasket and also disconnecting bat at the same time dunno..

It was a right pain to get off though we could have disrupted the sensor dunno..

Matt

Administrator
Thats what I'm thinking mate. It's booked in at Hawleys at 14:30 to have the centre section put back on, and the back box fitted correctly. Just drove down there now, and it's bloody embarassing.

Matt

Administrator
Got the exhaust fitted now. Cost me £35 to have the original centre section re-fitted, and have the back box fitted correctly. Sounds absolutely fantastic now, nice deep rumble, but not too loud either. One happy chappy.

The EML is still on, as the Lamba Sensor was totally disconnected. I still need to disconnect the battery, but I'll have to do that tomorrow to see if that clears it.

Matt

Administrator
Couple of pics:

acdn.z22se.com_userpix_2_DSCF0489_1.jpg

acdn.z22se.com_userpix_2_DSCF0490_1.jpg

acdn.z22se.com_userpix_2_DSCF0492_1.jpg