Errr.......think mines snapped too 2001 Vectra

Gazza

Former Staff
how did you get on johny was it the chain ?

Jonny 2.2

Ohhhh man what a mess. Just been to the garage to look at the motor. Definately snapped cam chain (I had one end of it in my hand !). Made a mess of the valve guides aswell so new head. Funny though the chain was well oiled and the whole engine was mint inside.

My tensioner had the slits in as per photo's and yep it's still snapped the chain. Garage are going to fix it but waranty company procedures mean its gonna be a little while. There sick (its gonna cost them a grand) I am sick 'cause I haven't got my Vectra so all in all the worst case scenario has happened.

What do you think should I phone vauxhall and have a rant notsure.gif :evil:

Jonny p**sed off :evil:

Gazza

Former Staff
sorry to hear that johnny.

at least you are not paying for it.

has it full vauxhall service history ?how many miles ?

Jonny 2.2

Has got full vauxhall service history up till the last service done by the garage before I bought it, but it was not due. Service has been done pretty much every 10,000 to 12,000 miles which is less than the stated 20,000. Oh and it only had 40,000 miles on the clock when it snapped.........ha well chuffed as you can imagine :evil:

Oh and the mechanic who is doin the job has a Y plate vectra sri 2.2 150ps and his has 89,000 miles and he has had no problem at all............ hu double bollocks :evil:

Jon

Jonny 2.2

Wahey !!!!!!!! 20.gif 20.gif

I can confirm that I have just got my Vectra 2.2 back this lunch time 8) Took it on a 250 mile round trip to pick up my son and it is sssssssswwweeeeeeettttttttttt. I am well chuffed.

Dealer is not so chuffed I bet though, the warrenty covered up to a £1000 and the total bill after the chain snapped on the motorway.................................................. lets just say NO change outta £2000 :eek:.

Most valves shagged, valve guides shagged, chain did not just snap but partly disintegrated after some of the rollers broke away and god knows what else mashed.

Still making Vauxhall customer service departments life a misery :LOL:

So just like to say I am BACK whoooo

Be good, be lucky and look after those chains guys and Gals :wink:

Jonny2.2

Jonny 2.2

Fook me, just looked at my first post the day after the chain snapped. March 29th. Shoite thats a long time to be driving a Mazda loan car :eek: :LOL:

Jonny2.2

Andy

been driving around in my mums MG ZR last few days and it reminds me realise how much i love my car.

Jonny 2.2

Yeah me too really missed my motor. When you have been driving round in a 12 year old Mazda with a 2.0 V6 24v motor under the bonnet and no bloody meat on the brake pads, it makes you appreciate a smooth engine and a good set of anchors.

MG ZR..............Hmmm is your mum a hairdresser :LOL: sorry could not resist :wink:

Andy

ha ha nah just think she is trying to re-live her youth, nippy little car and certainly turns heads but build quality is absolutely shocking and the handling is terrinle.

be glad to drive the vec again Sunday!!!!!!