Engine Management Light...

Seven7Two2

Short of Taking the car to a garage - I was wondering if anybody could advise...

Car seems to be fine - However yesterday the engine management light came on. To be fair the Check oil message came up, So I topped her right up, took her home unbolted the battery for a while and re connected i believe if I am not mistaken, this resets the light.

I then took her to where I was staying the night, and again she was fine. Driver her to work this morning and fine again except that the light came on 4 miles from work. Again there is no obvious problem.

Is it worth in any shape or form to check some normal items, Clean out EGR, valve, ( i have blanked this off) check sparks etc? Or is that slightly pointless? I am working 130 miles away Monday so Time is crucial here for me. I will try and get it into the garage in the morning for a diag test.

Thanks for any pointers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Seven7Two2

Just an after thought, I have blanked off the EGR Valve however not put the cheater in, although this was back in March could it eventually trigger this light?

Seven7Two2

Yeah I thought as much too many cooks, people in work telling me otherwise, i thought it was a load of crap. So even this much time after fitting the blanking plate this can happen. I shall give it a clean up and a replace it and reset the light and see where I get.

Thanks all.