engine build

tofferson

Hi im wanting to supercharge my se, now ive found loads of useful info but still stuck on a few points, im after 380 bhp if im gunna do it. Ive been told higher than that and liners need doing and that is impossible in the uk.
Im trying to buy some Eagle steel rods and some wiseco forged pistons for bulld but finding these very hard to source in the UK, unsure if ill need to uprate crank, also does anyone know if the saton iron sc is capable of this bhp? or will I have to go for something else.
Still got lots of research to do, but i wanna start collecting parts for the build, also was thinking about upgrading to a 6 speed vxr vecky box found a bit of info on this but very sketchy. Any pointers or info would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers all.

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
hey sounds like a plan but your not going to get anywhere near 380hp with the eaton m62 from the saton iron or the cobalt ss not unless you uses a 150 shot of nos lol
i have some info to save you looking :)
  • 380hp = not unless you buy a TVS
  • eagle rods and forged pistons in the uk = no you have to import them i got mine from real street racing on ebay in the usa
  • the vxr vec box = no the f40 has a drive shaft issue you would need to get custom made drive shafts it has to be the vectra c or signum 2.2direct m32 box then you would need a modified flywheel to suit the 6 bolt crank and replace the dual mass with a single mass and change the cables and stick in the car then get astra vxr shafts and z20lel cv joints (hub side) to make it fit
  • the cranks fine to over 400hp
  • the block is fine over 400hp

Last edited:

tofferson

Hi cheers for all the info looks like Harrop TVS is the way to go had a scan on eBay and not bad prices on there so wanna get them forged parts ordered.
So the block and crank can take some stick then.
It's a second engine so don't have to take car off road.
Just need to make a massive list of mods to do lol and get started

milo

Will a bigger supercharger fit under the bonnet without having to mod or cut away to get it in??

corsaZ22se

Will a bigger supercharger fit under the bonnet without having to mod or cut away to get it in??
while at Courtenay sport on Friday we discussed fitting of a harrop and made a few measurements, they say with a bit cut out of the slam panel it would fit the corsa! so I don't see why it wouldn't fit an astra as you guys have acres more space! :sneaky::):D

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
while at Courtenay sport on Friday we discussed fitting of a harrop and made a few measurements, they say with a bit cut out of the slam panel it would fit the corsa! so I don't see why it wouldn't fit an astra as you guys have acres more space! :sneaky::):D
i said this to you before :) you have more room in the corsa bay as the engine sits different :)
in the astra there is less room at the front :)
0419091239.jpg

looks like Harrop TVS is the way to go had a scan on eBay and not bad prices on there
i would like to know where :) theres only a melted broken one
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_o...=harrop+eaton+supercharger&_sacat=0&_from=R40

tofferson

Should be able to mod it enough I reckon it will go in with some chopping and welding need some measurements and take it from there and maybe intake could be modded to help.
Would it be poss to play with mounts and move the block back 2 inch and shorten gear linkage just an idea ;) Not sure if that would put too much stress on shafts tho.

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
i would like to know where :) theres only a melted broken one
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=harrop&_osacat=0&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xharrop eaton supercharger&_nkw=harrop eaton supercharger&_sacat=0&_from=R40
Lol I was looking at pistons and rods on eBay no clue which charger to search for :)
none in that above link will fit :) so dont start there lol

piston and rods :)
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Real-Street-Performance-Sales/_i.html?_nkw=ecotec&submit.x=0&submit.y=0

OAKMERE

The TVS pushes to much air for the std inlet so I don't believe it is worth the money over the m62. Most TVS charged cars are making 330-350, stage 3 m62 builds are making 290-310.
Depends if you think the extra 20-40 bhp is worth 2k.
Even the stage 3 cars are struggling with heat. The inlet manifold was only designed to deal with 210bhp so not surprising!

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
The TVS pushes to much air for the std inlet so I don't believe it is worth the money over the m62. Most TVS charged cars are making 330-350, stage 3 m62 builds are making 290-310.
Even the stage 3 cars are struggling with heat. The inlet manifold was only designed to deal with 210bhp so not surprising!
and then theres meth :)

tofferson

What is it about the inlet thats restricting power can't it be modified and is there any info like a model number or something for the tvs so I can try find one and see what I need and how much they are. When you say heat do you mean the sc? :)
My list so far is as follows :-
Head porting
Performance sc cams
Oversized valves
Lightened and balanced crank
Balanced flywheel
Balancer shaft delete
Forged pistons and rods
Apr bolts
Super charger not sure what one yet

It would only get spent in the pub :)

Last edited:

tofferson

yes it has to be the 1320lsj to fit the stock manifold any other would require a modified spacer plate
Cheers for the help I no I'm a pain lol:)
Just trying to see the different avenues to go down looked for some for sale there like rocking horse s**t lol:)