egr valve

diddles

hi, i know this might be on here but cant find it. I was wondering if u take the egr pipe out of the manifol by the throttle body n seal the whole in the manifold can i leave the egr pipe connected still?

NICKYB

diddles said:
hi, i know this might be on here but cant find it. I was wondering if u take the egr pipe out of the manifol by the throttle body n seal the whole in the manifold can i leave the egr pipe connected still?

do you mean if you blank it off at the inlet manifold, can you leave the re-circ pipe in?

if thats what you want to know, then it would be easier to remove it and blank it off at the block! why would you want it there?

diddles

sorry wrote that a bit wrong i meant can u remove the egr pipe completly n seal both side but leave the egr valve untouched or do u have to blank that aswell?

BURT150

If you fill in the hole on the manifold then blank off the hole in the front of the head you can leave the egr in its original position. You could aswell as that get your self a cheater and remove the egr valve completely and just use a blanking plate were it used to be. iv just done mine and its a much neater job.