EGR to inlet Manifold pipe

IDI AMIN

Fitted the spanking plate. i take it you do that without the egr gasket and fitted the butt plug in the inlet manifold
One question about the cheater should it push in far or just a little bit mine doesn't seem to go in much if you press too much the pins start to bend so i assume its ok as it is .the shop picture of the cheater sits closer to the connector I had a code reader on also and no codes were showing i.e. egr related so hope its all ok wont know for sure unless i go for a run tomorrow.

IDI AMIN

Im sure i done it right plugged in to the bottom of the connector i looked in to see copper coloured connectors inside it could just be the length of the bits on the cheater but i can always double check in the morning to make sure it was starting to get dark so probably better to check again in better light to make sure

Matt

Administrator
The length of the pins from the bottom of the cheater are all the same. The actual length is determined by the zenner diode, because that is bent backwards to form the shortest pin. The rest are cut to match the same length of that one.

IDI AMIN

Cheers matt so it should go in further just need to check better in the morning obviously not lined up properly to go in the way it should i knew i shouldn't force it cause they seem quite delicate just had to get a bit of feedback from the troops first

vx-chris

With the risk of thread jacking lol. I've just got my little plug and fitted it :) now i just want to make sure that where the pipe fitted the engine, you leave that open? Here is a picture of the end of the pipe that i mean
ai1310.photobucket.com_albums_s660_csharlott1_null_zps11bf57f2.jpg
thanks

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
i put some tin can as a gasket on mine as i jet wash the engine bay offen :)
WP_000318.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

vx-chris

I was thinking of doing something like that. Does the end of the pipe come of easy to put it back onto the engine or does it need cutting.

I've been advised not to jet wash the engine so how do you do it (silly question i know)

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
I was thinking of doing something like that. Does the end of the pipe come of easy to put it back onto the engine or does it need cutting.

I've been advised not to jet wash the engine so how do you do it (silly question i know)
i had to cut the end of the pipe off to get it out :(
well i been pressure washing this engine for years it still works i make sure to leave it running while jet washing and try to avoid direct spray at the coil pack but the engine cover stops most of that :) everywhere else is fine to blast :)